Holiday plans?

strollin

Knowitall!
For those that celebrate the holidays this time of year, what plans do you have?

Today is my last official 'work' day for 2018, I won't be back to 'work' until Jan 2nd, 2019. Not much will change though since I haven't been assigned to a work project since July. My 'work' days for the 2nd half of 2018 have entailed sitting at home, logged into the company network, twiddling my thumbs and watching my email for potential projects while collecting a full paycheck. I've had this job for 8 months now and have only actually worked on 1 project that lasted 6 weeks. The rest of the time I've been "on the bench".

My oldest daughter is buying a house (signing the papers today) so my pickup truck and I are supposed to help her move in tomorrow. Our family will be exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas Day we will be having our favorite holiday meal of Prime Rib. Most of the rest of the time I will be just relaxing and enjoying my time off. However, we have a reservation for dinner on New Year's Eve with a group of friends to welcome in the New Year.

What plans do the rest of you have?

What a coincidence, today I have my last final of the year. I won't have to touch a pencil until February or so.

My plans are mostly similar to yours. I'll be having dinner with my family during the various holidays. Maybe go out with my friends as well.

My family is still trying to decide if we'll go the the US during January. The Argentinian Peso devaluated like crazy this year so everything is too expensive. When the year began, 20$ could buy 1US dollar. Today, you need 35$ for that, so the cost of going has almost doubled. Salaries, of course, haven't, so it's a tough decision. They loved New York so much they don't care, and are still willing to pay for it. I loved New York and Orlando so much as well, so I wouldn't be opposed to going [emoji14]

I am going to have a honey baked ham with all the fixings. Will drink eggnog and watch Christmas shows and enjoy each others company. For New Years we will watch the ball come down in New York. Drink sparkling cider and sleep in late the next day. Sounds a bit boring but its safe!!

All of our immediate family will be coming to our house on Christmas Day. We (the adults) drew names and put a $50 limit on it. The kids (our two granddaughters and our nephew) will make out like bandits as per usual. Since we did a big dinner at Thanksgiving we all opted to do finger foods for Christmas, but there will be plenty of them. I will also be doing a spiral sliced ham. I am not "officially" off on Christmas Eve but unless I get a call for service somewhere I am staying put.

Xmas dinner is all we planned. No tree nor gifts. All that is for the kids.

Hope you don't get any calls today Trotter.

No kids in our family so we did a Secret Santa draw with a $50 limit. Adults are much harder to buy gifts for since, if there's something they want, they usually go buy it for themselves.

We opted for a tiny tree in a pot that will get planted afterwards.

Hope you don't get any calls today Trotter.

No kids in our family so we did a Secret Santa draw with a $50 limit. Adults are much harder to buy gifts for since, if there's something they want, they usually go buy it for themselves.

We opted for a tiny tree in a pot that will get planted afterwards.

My lead contacted me last night and let me know that we were going to have to cover Atlanta as the tech there is in the hospital and that there was a call for a store in Augusta, GA (4+ hour drive for me). I wasn't overjoyed about having to blow my Christmas Eve running it but figured it wouldn't be too bad. Well, that was until the stomach bug hit last night. I just emailed him and our manager that Augusta ain't happening today as I have had almost no sleep and am still sick as a dog this morning. I am just hoping it is the 24 hour bug so I will still be able to enjoy Christmas with the family.

Back
Top Bottom