Password manager

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Can someone tell me please if it is worth using a Password manager.

I have heard of one called LastPass, does anyone on here use it and can it be recommended.

Thank you.

I use LastPass.
Advantages: 1- It's not in your computer, it's in their servers. If your computer was to get compromised, it would be harder for someone to steal your passwords.
2- It has a better autofill algorithm than the browsers I've used (Chrome and Firefox).
Disadvantages: You can't know for sure how safe their servers are, or if anyone other than you is being granted access for some reason. LastPass had a breach some time ago but no passwords were compromised.

Unless you are storing something really sensitive and you think you can keep it safer by yourself, just go for it.

Thank you AMD_man, I wqill give it a go.

if I decide at some point to discontinue using it, can I delete my account and take it that everything created will then be deleted?

Thank you AMD_man, I wqill give it a go.

if I decide at some point to discontinue using it, can I delete my account and take it that everything created will then be deleted?

As I said, you can believe whatever you want to believe. But yes, the story is that the data will be deleted.

I use KeeWeb. It's based on the original, Keepass, but it has a cleaner interface which I like. All the passwords are stored in an encrypted file that you can put wherever you want.

I kept my file stored in Dropbox for a while so that it was backed up and available on multiple computers.

Back
Top Bottom