Rechargeable car jump starter battery replacement.

Yeah, that's what it is. What I had were cheap jobs from an auto parts store. The only way to make them last longer is to keep them on a float charger but you can't do that if you carry it around in your car.

I just read that the lithium ones are much more reliable than these acid ones. I'm guessing those in the link are acid based since they are large. I'm looking at one now; this:

https://no.co/gb40

I'll look more into it. I think I'm gonna get rid of the broken one I have instead of replacing the battery. It's a no brand (that I could find online) make and the culprit could be something other than the just battery.

That thing claims it can provide 1000 amps of starting current. Hope the vehicle starts in 1-3 seconds like they claim, those wimpy wires couldn't handle 1000 amps for much longer than that without frying!

If it does everything that it claims, it looks like it would be pretty handy to carry in your car and wouldn't take up a lot of space.

The 1000 amp one I had has thick cables just like good jumper cables. Carrying them around is like carrying an extra car battery. They'll lose charge from sitting. If too long they'll sulfate.

Yeah, maybe that's the peak amperage to give the kick to the battery for little moments. They do tell to remove the cables once engine starts. I wonder if it's good for my car in the first place. The engine is old and I heard older engine need more aggressive amperage.

You know what, I'll see if a battery shop can open the dead battery and fix it. It's still an acid battery after all.

Last edited:
It's not an old engine that needs an extra boost. It's the old starter. Also the old engine will turn easier than a new engine so the new engine needs the extra boost.

Really? I didn't know that.
With a new engine, things are tighter because they haven't been "broken in" yet. The piston rings need to wear a little to get seated well and such. That's why you need to take it easy the first few hundred miles with a new car.

Back
Top Bottom