other hobbies

Oh, yeah. We do have the equivalent to those things. However, "Gendarmería" is like a military police. Seems like the coolest thing to be in now.

My latest hobby involves making things with my 3D Printer. It fascinates me that I can take a file that contains a drawing of an object on my computer, send it to the 3D printer and it will print a physical duplicate of that object.

I'm actually on my 2nd printer. The first was an inexpensive one that I started with to learn on then I bought a kit and built my 2nd printer. The 2nd has more capabilities but also cost twice as much as the first!

I use the printer to make parts for projects such as ones I do with a Raspberry Pi. In case you don't know what a Raspberry Pi is, it's a small, single-board computer that costs $35. It runs a modified version of Linux and has input/output ports that allow you to connect and control relays, switches, motors, sensors, lights, etc...

I also own an RV (30 ft travel trailer) and used to take it out on a trip at least once a month. My wife and I got burned out on RVing though and now our RV just sits unused. I will probably be getting rid of it soon.

I also belong to the iRV2 forum but haven't logged on there for years. When I was active on that forum, it was pretty dead. At one time I was very active on the RV.net forum, met and camped with lots of friends from that forum. However, most of my RV friends hang out on Facebook these days and have abandoned forums entirely.

The Pi runs a modified version of Debian, not Linux.

Microsoft would have to make some major changes to the Windows desktop if they want to get into the ARM business. LXDE is way lighter than Windows' DE. However, if I had a Pi, I'd probably prefer Windows as well, considering most developers start compiling their software for ARM as well.

Back
Top Bottom