CPU Overheating

It doesn't matter what you end up doing, you'll need paste, and this seems to be also the root cause of the issue.

Buy some paste, apply it and test the results. If this was to fail you could maybe put a copper plate under there. However, if you do that, you'll need to apply paste on top and under the plate, so whatever you do, first try using paste, and of that doesn't work then go nuts.
Good day!

I carefully followed all your instructions but unfortunately none of them works. The temperature is way too hot to the tune of 90° c above. I think it is time for me to junk my crappy toshiba netbook, and will never never buy netbook whose hardware is almost akin to high end tablets.

Thank you

You applied paste and the temperature is still high?

Is the computer clean? I mean is there dust in the intakes or something? Are you blocking the intakes unintentionally somehow?

It's very weird that a computer gets those kinds of temps out if nowhere.

yes sir. the computer is very clean most specially the heatsink and fan. i tried the method 4 times (2 from metal plate and 2 from copper plate). i applied not so thin and not so thick of thermal grease on top and bottom of the plates but still same problem exist. i am just think if the motherboard has something to do with overheating issue.

actually i reformatted my hard disk because the system already got corrupted due to constant shutdown when the temperature get high. i finished reformatting my netbook with a high speed electric fan just to cool down the the temp and finish the job.

what do you think sir?

I think you should contact Toshiba. Temps like that are unacceptable and everything seems to be in order on your side.

Back
Top Bottom