Random Chit Chat

Soul is a real mystery. I can't even guess a definition for it.

If it's energy, does that mean souls are in a fixed amount that never changes since energy never disappears but changes from one for to another? Does a non-soul energy change to soul? Living beings' populations keep increasing. Does that mean one day only living beings will exists and all kinds of energy will disappear? That energy (other than souls) is being actually becoming less and less as we increase in number? Do cats really have seven souls?

Don't take me seriously, I'm only ranting.

So, Celery, you believe the Universe has existed since the begining of time, but you can't believe that about God? And somehow you can also believe that we can be reborn as ants because energy doesn't disappear, but you can't believe that God has been here forever? (I say God, but it could be anything really.)

The same question can be asked about the Universe? What created it? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can answer that either. Does that mean the Universe doesn't exist?

The phobias could easily be explained by childhood experiences that we don't remember. Even something that you saw on TV and don't remember. Attributing them to a previous life seems a little far fetched. What's next? That our skin pigmentation depends on how much sunbathing we did in our other lives?

If I really had to choose to believe in anything, it would be nature. So far it's the most wonderful thing I've seen, and I find it almost impossible to believe in things I can't see, even if I can only see its repercussions. Other than fanatics going to church every week, I haven't seen anything that may have been caused by God.

Hmm... I believe this life was created by a (the) supreme Creator. I'd call that God. But let's just say Creator for now. Otherwise I don't see how it could have existed. Even the big bang theory must have been made possible by a supreme Creator somehow. There's a scripture verse that says that earth and heavens were one then we made them explode (or is it implode?) to be. Of source it is possible it refers to something else. But regardless, does the big bang theory make sense?

How did suicide talk become this?

The Universe has no beginning nor ending yet it exists. It became eventful and things are created. How? Who knows.

The Big Bang? Maybe, it's the best we can do.

How did we know we have soul? We did an experiment that we had dying patients on delicately calibrated beds. When they died they all lost 3/4 ounce of weight each.

Souls have weights? Apparently so even that they're energy/life forces. Past lives was brought out by hypnotism so apparently souls have memories too.

What's the strongest force in the whole universe? The force that hold an atom together. There's a lot of space in an atom but you cannot compress nor expand it.

Oh by the way, about God. Look at religions and they say that God is a supreme being, an omnipotent person in our image. We created him. Yes, it's a him, not her.

Why not a roach instead? They lived for billions of years, long before we did. What's their God?

Last edited:
I already know what you think about the Universe. My problem is: Why can you believe that about the Universe and not about God? You said God can't exist because "who created him?" And who created the Universe?

Did you actually read about that experiment? Even the guy that made it said it wasn't valid.

Even if the experiment was valid, if souls are energy, why do they have weight? Heat has no weight.

And who told you that you can't compress an atom? It's very much possible, there are no tools for it now, though.

I don't think roaches can have a god. They have no souls, just like dogs... Or at least that's what the experiment says...

What's the strongest force in the whole universe? The force that hold an atom together. There's a lot of space in an atom but you cannot compress nor expand it. ...
A Black Hole is exactly that, atoms that have lost all of their electrons so that only the nucleus remains. The nucleus accounts for most of the weight of an atom but only a fraction of its size.

Humans have split atoms, that's all related to nuclear energy, I can't claim any sort of knowledge in that area though obviously... :D

But yeah, would agree that the nuclear force within an atom is the strongest force we know.

Heat might have something to do with it interestingly enough. I have literally no idea how much of a weight change you'd end up with though. Just as a hot-air balloon works, as hot air rises, could it be possible that heat leaving the body results in an air density change enough to warrant a small difference in weight?

Interesting thoughts guys.

Heat is leaving the body constantly if the air is hotter than you (why). The only thing that would change is that there is no more "production". There is also no way that the change would be so fast.

The volume of your body would change though, but not instantly, and very little. And that wouldn't affect your total mass.

It's possible that some gas was released when the guy died. This does happen, so it could account for his instant weight loss. That gas would only need to be more dense than the air to affect his body weight.

By the way, I only say God is a He because the scriptures I follow call Him so (which I believe it's His own words too, but that's another story). No misogyny, honest.

Back
Top Bottom