NFO VPN On Nighthawk X6 R8000

Xx_iDon_xX

Solid State Member
Hello all, I have a Nighthawk X6 8000 with Kong's DD-WRT. I also have a NFO server running a VPN with Softether software to run the VPN on the server. Now what I want to do is have my VPN run through my router so all devices can connect to the VPN. When I first installed the software it created a .ovpn file, and inside there's the info I need to input on the DD-WRT router but some how is not connecting. Any help would be gladly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Before starting, I'll admit I had to google "NFO server". Still not sure what that is. Anyways...

What do you mean by "run my VPN through my router"?

Before starting, I'll admit I had to google "NFO server". Still not sure what that is. Anyways...

What do you mean by "run my VPN through my router"?

Have my VPN service on my router so it can distribute the VPN so I can connect my devices.

So, you mean that every connection to the outside world has to go through the VPN, regardless of the computer that's connecting?

For what I could gather about DD-WRT, it supports OpenVPN. So you should do a bit of research on that. Start here: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenVPN

Yea no I don't think you get what I'm saying. My server has VPN, it's only for VPN use. I want to use that VPN on my router so I can connect my devices. It's like when you buy a VPN subscription service and it has he option to input some settings into the router so that the VPN is connected to the router

Sobó have to follow each step in the whole page for me to have it working? Do I still need to. Este a PKI and the certs? ETC?

No, I don't think so, but I've never done it. That's why I'm trying to point you in the right direction.

I was hoping you would do some research and tell me if that was what you were looking for.

Here is what I know:
  • DD-WRT supports OpenVPN,
  • OpenVPN supports connecting to a third party VPN.

That's why I think it may be the way for you to accomplish what you want to do.

I have no way to test it, and as I said, I never did it. So, please try do find out if that's what you need, test it and report back.

I don't think anyone here can provide you with step-by-step instructions, considering how specific your task is. It's inevitable that you do some research on your own.

No, I don't think so, but I've never done it. That's why I'm trying to point you in the right direction.

I was hoping you would do some research and tell me if that was what you were looking for.

Here is what I know:
  • DD-WRT supports OpenVPN,
  • OpenVPN supports connecting to a third party VPN.

That's why I think it may be the way for you to accomplish what you want to do.

I have no way to test it, and as I said, I never did it. So, please try do find out if that's what you need, test it and report back.

I don't think anyone here can provide you with step-by-step instructions, considering how specific your task is. It's inevitable that you do some research on your own.

No, one of that is what I need. I believe I have what I need but when I input it into the router somehow it's not connecting. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Don't need none of that as I already have the .ovpn file with the information I need to put on the router

No, one of that is what I need. I believe I have what I need but when I input it into the router somehow it's not connecting. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Don't need none of that as I already have the .ovpn file with the information I need to put on the router

So the problem is that you insist on using a method that doesn't work.

Why are you doing this? Where did you read this would work? Is there a guide that you followed? If so, please provide a link here.

Back
Top Bottom