New GTX 1070Ti Flickering/Pixels

FunkySplurge

Beta member
I've just installed my new Zotac GTX 1070Ti Mini and it seems as if there's an issue with pink and green pixels appearing on the screen. Also when I boot into Windows 7 the screen turns on and off constantly.

I have tried taking the card out and putting it back in. I have tried using a different 8 pin power connector. I am able to boot into Safe Mode, but there's still pink and green pixels.

My other hardware components are an Intel Core i7 4790 (non-K) 16GB DDR3 1333MHz (2X8GB) ASUS H81M PLUS DREVO 240GB SSD Corsair TX750 PSU.

I have tried using DDU through safe mode and have tried installing the latest NVIDIA drivers, but haven't had any luck.

Could this be a dead GPU or is it something else that I'm missing?

I'd also like to mention that I was using the onboard Intel HD 4600 graphics, but changed from iGPU to Auto in the BIOS.

It seems that taking the card out and putting it back in marginally fixes the problem, but pixels still appear at 1920x1080, however at lower resolutions it's not an issue.

Sounds like a bad card to me. Do you have the drivers installed?

If nothing else is working, i'd say RMA it.

Sounds like a bad card to me. Do you have the drivers installed?

If nothing else is working, i'd say RMA it.

I have the latest drivers installed. I'm going to RMA it just to be on the safe side. If the 2nd card arrives and the issue persists then it's either very bad luck or it's the TV I'm using as a monitor.

If the wrongly colored pixels don't move or are in the same place, it might be the tv but you're saying it doesn't affect it on different resolutions, so dead pixels is unlikley.

EDIT: It's better to be safe than sorry when your RMA period ends.

Installing drivers should be all the troubleshooting one is required to do. More than that is just silly.

Back
Top Bottom