Gigabyte Z170 XP Boot Issues

Oh, wow, I didn't realize the celeron/pentium processors are numbered differently than their core-i counterparts from the same year/series.

Yeah it's pretty weird. Or maybe not. The I3s start on 6100, so there is nothing lower than that available.

Update: The celeron did not work; still no display. I removed the ram, no beeps. Checked the pins, nothing abnormal. I'm out of ideas. Meanwhile, the thing starts and just keeps going until I shut it down.

That's why I told you to try everything on the link I provided...

The idea of me coming to the forum in the first place is that I've already exhausted my knowledge. Every item on that link I had tried or didn't work. I finally got a code to beep, and it said CPU error. Tried both CPU's, same error. I'm RMA'ing the board and starting over.

Well it's a good idea to say what you've tried to avoid wasting our time. If you would have written a tidy list of what you did and the results you got, we would've said "update the BIOS and if that doesn't work return the board". Much easier, right?

Well it's a good idea to say what you've tried to avoid wasting our time. If you would have written a tidy list of what you did and the results you got, we would've said "update the BIOS and if that doesn't work return the board". Much easier, right?

The board doesn't support BIOS Flashback, so without booting, there was no way to update the BIOS.

Umm... you plugged the monitor into the right video port right?

I goofed like that before so I asked.

Back
Top Bottom