Random Chit Chat

You're welcome!

Ah, 15 MPG city drive only? If so, I think that's good for an old car. Not sure but I think if I drive city only I'd get worse than that or similar on my sedan. Best I could get these days is 23 MPG 90% highway. In winter (without A/C) I could get 25 MPG. All at 100 km/h target speed (~62.5 mph).

Our regular (87 AKI or PON) is now $1.38 per US gallon in this part where I live (did the calculation myself). On the other hand, premium (91 AKI or PON) is $2.07. Seems like a huge increase from regular.

The ay holes say it will get increased regularly annually until it reaches international prices. What the heck does that even mean? And why would any idiot increase prices so much for something found locally? They just wanna bleed our pockets, the ay holes. Screw half donkey-ed justifications like meeting international prices. Rice is inexpensive in Punjab because they are exporters of it, right?

Screw all this :mad:

Oh yeah, I replace the valve lifters cuz of annoying ticking sound that sometimes stays for long. I feel MPG improved a little. Is it related anyhow or is it just me?

Cost was ~$477 USD includng parts and labor. It was unfortunate that I couldn't find all lifter at the same cheaper parts shop. I got them from three different shops costing $15.2, $16.53 and $18.667 a lifter. It's a 12v engine so 12 lifters in total.

It's possible because a bad lifter reduced a cylinder's efficiency thus a loss of power. That would decrease gas mileage.

Replacing the lifters brings it back to par.

I guess i need to let you all know that we are getting ready to make a move. The old park managers are going to retire and my family wants us closer to them. We will be and am planning to move to Bowie, Texas. Its about three hours up the road and not to far from Wichita Falls, Texas. I will be using the biggest Va hospital in the country! Its in Dallas, Texas. I think it will be July or August sometime there. Not sure what kind of internet we can get there yet. Might have to go back to Dish Internet again. Been planning to use there tv service again anyway. It will be a bit cooler there in the winter but i can handle that. My nephew is going to help with a few repairs needed on the home and more work on the truck. That and will be nice to see them more often. They always are calling to see how we are doing and if we need anything.
Sooo...I guess thats it for now, WD65

The folks say the Va in Dallas is the best. Guess i will find out. I Pi**ed the dr off here yesterday!..or the other way around depending how you want to look at it. She is so fired!!!

Back
Top Bottom