My Raspberry Pi project

All the hard work is done and the good roms installed.

I downloaded a zip file loaded with 21000+ NES roms. It has to be sorted and a friggin headache. I'm halfway through the "A"s. The rom sites have roms that fairly sorted but doesn't always work. More headache.

Try that with several consoles if you can imagine. :eek:

No, the $35 SD card I ordered has 12 consoles and all the good roms he mustered in. It has Retropie OS with the Emulation station. Graphical interface and selections. All I have to do is configure my controllers in.

Also has the Amazon protection if it turned out to be a sham. I video myself opening the packages and testing the products. In case of a dispute I'm covered but never had a problem with Amazon for returns.

Last edited:
My SD card came in and it's loaded alright. I made a video but it's too big to post here and too risky to post on YouTube due to copyrights.

I think it's not that big for today's SD's. There are just a bunch of classic-like games (E.g. Earth Worm Jim 2, Mickey Mania, Castlevania SOTN and Lomax) that 32gb or even 16gb at some point can handle it if one is selective. Or do you wanna just keep the whole collection on the concurrent (if this word works here) running SD instead?

But don't get me wrong, cool project!

Edit:
After watching the vid, I don't think it's fast enough to have a good experience with PS games. Long loading times have proven themselves annoying thru time.

Last edited:
Did you see the numbers under each name? That's how many games per console.

Yup. That's the "being selective" point I talked about. On my laptop where storage is more limited I don't put all the collection myself. On my ~14TB main computer I do :D

Forgot to clarify that my last post addresses the PS games size too.

But point taken, never mind.

Do you really play (some of) those games? I sure do and often. 4 player arcade games are fun with my cousins.

Back
Top Bottom