Screen icon blinking

Peter, you might have answered your own problem. You mentioned that your screen gets hot so it suggests that it's having heat issues. It's probably what's affecting the elements.

Peter, you might have answered your own problem. You mentioned that your screen gets hot so it suggests that it's having heat issues. It's probably what's affecting the elements.
If it's just the icons that blink, I really doubt it's a heat issue. If it's the entire screen, then your assessment should be right.

Well i thought about that , but its the old one that heats up and litrally only icons that blink. So i was unsure. However i had a blue screen crash ( i dont know what the errors mean ) but im sure i read something about memory .. ao i restarted nd went to my Task manager and resource usage and sure enough i found a few things running which i know i didnt install , it was mostly browser add ons. ( yes i have been to some questionable websites )

My idle cpu usage was 67 physical memory 52 ... after stopping all those processes it dropped to 23 and 36 ....

So i have used some of the programs provided by AMD and a few others to try clear the pc , its running at a better idle speed now however some of the programs were not removed at this stage iim just going to sit and see if it does now happen again.

As a add on im going to go into my files at chrome on my c drive and remove those extensions manually

Last edited:
If you believe there are suspicious programs, google them and check them out. There are viruses that require manual removal and specific methods.

Yea onbosrd but have a look at this i caught it i the act i can really tell anything from this maybe one of you guys can , the dll com surrogate ( i have no idea what that even is) keeps opening up and terminating itself and il have 4 to four on the list this is all i could see happening, but the icon blink correlates with the cpu spike and opening a dll host

https://i.imgur.com/jKlrZGO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9eMCUeB.jpg

It looks like it's an issue with windows explorer or desktop explorer, whatever they're calling it these days.

edit: i've actually noticed it on my computer too, when i minimize a fullscreen youtube video. it might just be normal...

I just had a crazy thought. If you hit F5 key the screen will refresh itself and the icons will turn off then back on.

Do you have a sticking F5 key?

I just had a crazy thought. If you hit F5 key the screen will refresh itself and the icons will turn off then back on.

Do you have a sticking F5 key?
Lol Next your going to tell me " have you tried turning it off and on again".

Power supply is fine , its gone again now. Interesting that another member here is saying its a windows explorer or desktop explorer issue.

Your comment on the full screen size issue makes me wonder if i unplug my second old monitor and restart , maybe that could be an issue.

My conspiracy theory is windows is trying to force us windows 7 users to go to ten maybe they are doing this to us. If apple can mess around with theit older models battery life and os speed to encourage new sales why wouldn't windows.

Back
Top Bottom