battery driver messed up

gib88

Baseband Member
Hello,

Lately the battery on my computer has been acting up. I'll be working on my laptop unplugged and all of a sudden it will shut down. This will happen when the battery reads half full. I can start it up again by plugging it in. I leave it plugged in for a couple minutes and then unplug it just to check what percentage it reads. Indeed, it continues to read about 50% full (or a variety of values far above 0%).

I'm wondering if there's a problem with the battery driver. How would I do repairs or diagnostics on the battery driver?

I've got Windows 10.

I ran a battery diagnostic and it produced a report. I uploaded the report here:

http://www.shahspace.com/battery_report.html

If you look at the "Battery usage" section, you can see a sharp drop at 7:05 on Jan 29. That's exactly when it happened. I opened my laptop at around 7:05 and after about 6 or 7 minutes (6 min and 45 sec according to the table) it spontaneously dropped by 73%. That's exactly what I experienced.

What does this mean?

I ran a battery diagnostic and it produced a report. I uploaded the report here:

http://www.shahspace.com/battery_report.html

If you look at the "Battery usage" section, you can see a sharp drop at 7:05 on Jan 29. That's exactly when it happened. I opened my laptop at around 7:05 and after about 6 or 7 minutes (6 min and 45 sec according to the table) it spontaneously dropped by 73%. That's exactly what I experienced.

What does this mean?
Did you check the link I posted?

Your link to that report doesn't work. Did you check the link AMD man posted?????????

Oops!

Try this instead: Battery report <-- dash instead of underscore.

I read the article but nothing stood out as obviously the cause of the problem. It *may* turn out to be one of those problems but I haven't looked into it deeply enough to be sure. I thought posting the report and getting a second pair of eyes look at it might help.

Oops!

Try this instead: Battery report <-- dash instead of underscore.

I read the article but nothing stood out as obviously the cause of the problem. It *may* turn out to be one of those problems but I haven't looked into it deeply enough to be sure. I thought posting the report and getting a second pair of eyes look at it might help.

So, someone offers a potential solution but you don't look at it? How are we going to help you if not by eliminating all possible alternatives? Why propose other solutions if the one already presented is the solution? People expect too much of forums nowadays...

The article has probably 200 words. Try the solution presented there and report back. It's not like you have to reinstall Windows...

What the hell?!?! It's not even a Windows 7 machine (no, this isn't related to my other thread).

And who said I didn't look at it? I'm in the process of reading through it now. Ever heard of multitasking? If offering your opinion on the battery report WHILE I read through the article is too much for you to handle, don't bother responding (I wouldn't want you to have an aneurysm).

Geez man, talk about up tight. :facepalm:

EDIT: oh wait, I get it. You're talking about devmgmt.msc. <-- I read that. Yes, I did title this thread "battery driver messed up" but that's just my current theory (based on what someone told me). I still want to be sure that's it. I thought you meant to read all the comments below.

Ok, ok, bad title on my part. But still... geeez.

Last edited:
I know it's not Windows 7. It's irrelevant. The method works for Windows 10 as well.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

You should check in the manufacturer's site for alternate drivers too.

Back
Top Bottom