which cd to store documents?

All of the suggestions given above are correct. My suggestion is to use more than one of them. I use external drives because you don't have to transfer anything if you get a new computer, you just plug it in. This is especially important for programs. I also backup everything important on a CD or a flashdrive. Sometimes both. If you use an internal HDD be sure to partition it so you can organize things and if you have to reinstall Windows you won't lose everything.

If your data is important, then it's a good idea to have redundancy in your backups. It's also a good idea to store redundant backups in separate locations. If you stored all of your backups at your house and the house burned to the ground, you would lose all copies. Store a copy somewhere else like a safe-deposit box at your bank or a relative's house.

So the external hard drive goes into the usb connector. My old pc has extra usb, but
the new acer has only two, used by mouse and keyboard. There is an additional connector on bottom of acer, though I don't know what it is for. Can I do the job without using the mouse or keyboard?

Back
Top Bottom