Random Chit Chat

I get about 15 mpg on the highway if i keep it around 55. If i go faster it goes down. Towing trailer was at 8 mpg at around 55-60mph. But with a higher rear-end ratio, that is expected. Also took out the 4 speed overdrive tranny and put a transmission that was out of a Motorhome. Its a three speed. So that cuts the mpg too. So, i switched fuel economy for power to tow. I found the tag for this truck and mpg was 18 mpg highway, and 13 in the city. So i didn't hurt it to much. It has the 5.0 engine or 305 cubic inches. Its a tbi engine. Smallest V-8 made by Chevrolet since the 50's. They made the 265 and 283 cu.in. V-8. I call it the engine that can!!

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Hey Celery, we are having a heat wave here!! At 38 right now!!!

I remember he's got a Taurus.

Can't tell what I get city drive as I don't get to drive only city to test it... and I do not know the standards to follow for it. But I did some heavy city drive a couple of times with the usual highway drive and got less than 16 MPG.

Some new cars of the same performance get +20 MPG city drive. That's how far they advanced.

But I guess the MPG is not what always matters. It is in how long you get it what matters more.

Yep, thats true! If it works for you don't get rid of it. If i need to, i will put another motor in it. Only way to get rid of it is to crash it bad! I still won't buy a brand new truck. I have seen way to many trucks around the same year and model. I can transfer everything to it for towing.

Not great shots as the window is screwing the picture up. Will try again later. Its smaller than i thought but it will do for now. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• P_20180118_150623.jpg
    P_20180118_150623.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3
  • P_20180118_150614.jpg
    P_20180118_150614.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom