I think I'm being scammed out of $185

Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips...

Crappy Hot-Running Engines, Very Rusted Out, Lose Every Time...

Cheapest Heap Ever enVisioned Yet...

:lol:

Last edited:
Saw your first post about the envelope and thought that was pretty weird. Now that you mention it, totally makes sense as a scam. They fly under the radar for a while by showing shipped packages and you also get a message that may convince you to wait even longer, leaving them with lots of getaway time.

It does look that way but I'm not sure what's really going on. They did have severe weather there.

I just don't know if the weather that cold can affect electronic devices. I'd expect emails instead of postal envelopes. That shit cost money to send.

Very suspicious indeed.

Signature tracking? For a note huh?

Last edited:
Just got an email from Amazon. Got my refund and that didn't take long. They must've realized that it was a scam after all.

Between Ebay and Amazon, my gut feel is that you have a FAR, FAR higher chance of being scammed on Ebay then Amazon. My own experience is that over the course of 10 years or more that I've dealt with Ebay, I've been scammed twice. Never been scammed on Amazon.

You can really limit your issues if you make sure that whatever you buy from Amazon is "Sold and fulfilled by Amazon".

Last edited:
I've had the complete opposite experience.
I ordered things from the Amazon Black Friday sale, order fulfilled by Amazon using Amazon logistics. Items were delayed, returned, marked as delivered when they weren't, some Christmas presents never arrived.
I was refunded and told to order again as Amazon Black Friday deals fulfilled by Amazon apparently were private sales that could not be dispatched, had exactly the same issues with the delivery people unable to find my house, except this time rather than faking a signature, and delivery information, then telling customer services that they they recommend not to refund or redispatch, they did refund me. But not to my card, to my account as gift cards.

So, I've never lost money on eBay had a couple of things go wrong, but ebays customer service has always sorted it in one call of less than 30 minutes.

Amazon, well I've had a bunch of issues there, private sellers hiding their status behind Amazon fulfilment,
Amazon delivery drivers not finding my address.
Amazon delivery drivers claiming they can't deliver as I live in a gated community and they need an access code (I don't)
Amazon delivery drivers returning an order rather than call me for directions when they have my number contained in delivery instruction.
Amazon logistics drivers falsifying delivery information to claim I have it.
Orders bought on sale being cancelled and being told I have to order again at full price and it is not their fault.
Orders not arriving within a week when using next day prime delivery.
Waiting in the phone to customer service for over half an hour to get through,
Multiple Amazon customer service advisors simply terminating the call whilst I'm supposed to be on hold,
Being placed on hold so customer service agents can talk to the courier.
Being told that customer service agents can't contact the courier.
Being told that it is possible to collect a package from the delivery depot instead of having to put up with the bad service.
Being told that you cannot collect items from the depot.
Being told that you cannot be refunded to your card even though there is no delivery and getting given gift vouchers.

So I git ripped if by Amazon called a thief by their customer service agents, had to call customer services around ten times in calls lasting nearly an hour each time in Decembers. Still didn't get some items, had to pay again at a higher price for items that Amazon lost, and when I got a refund for the missing items, I didn't get money, I got gift vouchers. So if I vote with my feet and stop using Amazon they keep over a hundred pounds of my cash in gift vouchers I literally don't want to spent in their shitty shitty website.

So overall, I trust eBay more, I never lost money their whilst on Amazon I've been lied to, lied about, scammed by the seller, the service provider and Amazon logistics delivery drivers.

I've been burned through both Amazon and Ebay. With Amazon it has always been through a third party seller but Amazon got it worked out in the end. With Ebay it was a few sellers but I was able to get most settled but one I was stuck with but at least it wasn't an expensive experience.

Bottom line, you take a chance any time you order online no matter where it is.

Incidentally, my nephew just ordered a great phone through amazon, an LG V20. It is an unlocked T-mobile version. He went with the $219.99 refurbished one, looks new and works perfect.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XSXQHD3/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Back
Top Bottom