External Hard Drive

jetsmell

In Runtime
I have an external hard drive ( F ). My computer has the ( C ), ( D ), and ( E ) drives. When I go into the files and folders I see two ( F ) drives. Even though it's a 1TB, it's taking up too much space. If I delete a file on one, the same file is deleted in the other.
Is there a way to un-install one and still keep the other? If so, can you describe the process in simple terms? Thank you

Can you please post a screenshot showing the duplicate drive listing? I suspect that you are just seeing the same drive showing up in multiple places such as the drive folder and "Libraries" or something similar. I don't think you need to uninstall anything, but you may be able to change settings so you don't see the drive twice.

Regardless, seeing it twice shouldn't effect how much disk space is being used.

It might also be helpful to know what OS and version you are running?

Last edited:
WINDOWS 10
VERSION 1709
OS BUILD 16299.192
Mozilla Firefox
I don't know how to take a picture of that page.

find the key on your keyboard that says PRTSC then press that to copy an image of the screen to a clip board.

you can then paste that into paint and save it as a picture.

Or you can click the Windows key and print screen buttons to save it to your Pictures folder in My documents. Windows key is between CTRL and Alt keys.

Sorry, I couldn't take a picture so I copied part of what I'm seeing.

Local Disk ( C )
DVD ( D )
Flight ( E )
Back Up ( F )
Libraries
Back Up ( F )
Network
Control Panel
" "
" "
As you can see ( F ) is showing twice.

I couldn't tell if it has two drivers. I don't need two of everything. I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to computers. I would like to fix this problem.

That was interesting. I put the computer in safe mode and found the second ( F ) Drive was not there. I don't know what that means.

Back
Top Bottom