Audio is not normal

jetsmell

In Runtime
My audio needs attention. Voices sound like their coming from an empty drum. It's like trying to hear a priest do a sermon, the sound bouncing off the walls without the echo. I have two Bose speakers with a Windows 10 setup.

You may have audio enhancements on. Look in Control panel at audio or sounds or, as in my case, Dell audio. You can have all sorts of daft audio "enhancements." Such as "in a cave" or "in a concert hall" or "echo." Why anyone would want any of that stuff on a computer is beyond me but gamers can be a little odd LOL.

maybe we solved his problem and he feels that he doesn't need to give a feedback.

Exactly and most don't bother to feedback, not even a thank you.

Here since 2009 and only 147 posts. A man of a few words. :rolleyes:

The problem is that on a help forum such as this feed back is vitaly important for two reasons. firstly, although we like to think of ourselves as computer wizards none of us are, especially when trying to diagnose problems over the world wide web. We suggest answers that we have tried and conformation that our suggestions have worked means we can go on and use those ideas elsewhere. If our suggestions have not worked then we know that we can bin those thoughts or at least modify them. Secondly, not getting any feedback is extremely frustrating. It means we neither know or don't know if our suggestions have worked. Because of that frustration it is very easy to think "well why the hell should I bother" and then nobody gets any help and eventually the forum itself dies.

As for being thanked or villified that is not an issue. We all get it wrong sometimes. Personally I am very careful not to suggest anything that might cause a loss of data or cause a hardware fault. I also stress the huge importance of backing up ones data. Bottom line is that no-one giving advice is responsible for data loss but there are far to many people who come on to these sorts of forums with problems and when someone makes a suggestion and they suffer a data loss they are only too quick to blame the person giving that advice for their data loss whereas it is entirely their own fault for not backing up their data.

Back
Top Bottom