Hello "Summer"

Hey thanks! (for both the English and the geography lessons)

I thought a season on a point of the Earth and the the exact opposite point of it on the other side is the same season and the difference is only the nature of the season in weather. E.g. Winter gets -20C on the former point and 15C on the latter. And I was like maybe that's why in winter in Canada they could get ice cubes falling from the sky (figure of speech) while where I live we still open the A/C on cold sometimes.

That's interesting Cortb, I had been taught that it was NOT a word but I guess I never tried looking it up. Regardless, I'll continue using only the standard word.

I'm assuming it entered the lexicon after heavy use by sarah palin in the 2008 elections. I usually only use it if i'm making fun of something/someone though...

Luckily we haven't gotten any snow here yet in the Rockies, I just hope we have a mild Winter this year.

Funny thing is... regardless and irregardless means the same. It's an age old quirk in the English language.

Well we are under a alert! Starting tomorrow till Sunday evening there is freezing rain and drizzle with chance of snow flurries. Temps on the low 20's and wind chills in the single digits!! WHF!!! This is Texas Not Maine or Alaska!! This crap belongs up at the north pole for crying at loud!! I need long johns again!!! Celery, you ready for this shit??

Hearing about that kind of weather in other states makes me all the more determined that I will never move out of Calif!

Yeah, it's gonna be nasty here. I've been taking GrayZ in for the night.

It's great to have both of my boys sleeping with me. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom