New Computer help question

amarinelli

Baseband Member
So I now have have a new computer with has a 1 TB SSD and a 4 Tb HHD I only have basic knowledge of computers and do a lot of photo editing. I use mostly Lightroom and Photoshop and some other photo editing software my question is when reinstalling my photo editing software do I put it on the SSD drive or the HDD drive and how do I actually do this I am a little confused since all my previous computers only had 1 drive any help would be greatly appreciatted!

Install your OS on the SSD along with all your software, all current projects etc that you need access to also on the SSD. Archived/old files on your HDD along with your backups of data from the SSD.

Install your OS on the SSD along with all your software, all current projects etc that you need access to also on the SSD. Archived/old files on your HDD along with your backups of data from the SSD.
Hi thank you for the response I have question when I first get ready to turn this computer on will it prompt me where to install my software thus giving me the choice to install all of the software on the SSD?

It usually defaults to the boot drive which is your SSD. Install all your programs there. Use the HDD for the data/pictures files.

It's easy. When you install your OS, you disconnect the HDD and leave only the SSD. Then install there, and the drive will be C:. When you install the editing program, you select some folder in C: to install it. As an example, when it asks for a destination, you choose
Code:
C:\Program files\Editing software
and install.

It's easy. When you install your OS, you disconnect the HDD and leave only the SSD. Then install there, and the drive will be C:. When you install the editing program, you select some folder in C: to install it. As an example, when it asks for a destination, you choose
Code:
and install.
Thank you!

Code:
and install.

Yup, this. Easier for you to do this and remove any doubt than regret it afterwards! :lol:

What about the option to clone the original hard disk drive to the new SSD. Then boot from the SSD. This should make the computer operate just as if it were using the original disk drive right?

I heard there is a utility with in Windows that does this cloning.

Back
Top Bottom