Printer recommendations

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good reliable economical all-in-one printer please.

I don't do a great deal of printing really but do want something that is reliable and where the cartridges don't cost the earth.

Ideally priced under £100 if possible please.

Many thanks in advance of any input.

Last edited:
If color or photo printing isn't required, I recommend a monochrome laser printer. Best thing I ever did was dump ink jet printers completely.

It seems like toner cartridges are more expensive than ink cartridges but the per page cost of printing is actually less with a laser printer.

Since you value reliability, a laser is better in this regard as well. Inkjets have a tendency to clog their print heads when not used regularly, lasers don't suffer the same issues.

I recommend something like this: https://www.officedepot.com/a/produ...RCJWpicvseLLr5sregQWLpU1pSawndd0aAg7xEALw_wcB

Last edited:
What he said.
You get An inkjet, $50 printer, $20 per refill for 300 pages,
(3000 pages $250)
Or laser printer. $100 for the printer + $100 for a 5000 page capacity cartridge or something. (3000 page cost) less than $200.

Laser jets dry out whilst you are not using them, so if you don't print a lot you're going to waste time (and ink) on cleaning pages...

I got a Colour laser (Xerox work centre) all in one. With wireless, USB, and USB host slot for media, £120 (uk) for their printer. Copy/off brand black cartridges (£20uk each) 3000 capacity black.
1000 capacity colours at £15uk a throw. (Xerox ones are £60/45 for the same IIRC)

I've put about three boxes of paper through it so far (7500 sheets) and it is still going great.

Epson Epson and oh yeah Epson. You can pick up a dirt cheap one in Argos. I have been using cheap Epson printers for years. They do break down eventually but so do every other make. I also get cheap cheap cartridges of Ebay. I think I'm paying around £12 for 6 sets or something daft like that. And no I haven't any problems with clone cartridges either. The secret to keep any printer working is to use it. For something a little over a hundred quid you can get an singing all dancing double side printing and everything else printer but the cheapo all in ones are good. The page cost is a bit higher than a laser and a laser is much faster but as I say Epson from Argos or Ebay or where ever.

Thank you chaps. Going out tomorrow to see what I can pick up.

I've had a laser printer in the past, many many years ago and I do remember it being pretty good. I was printing a lot more then though when I was in business. Now that I'm a grey haired old wrinkley I mostly print etickets for holidays and stuff for the snooker club. I do a lot of scanning these days, copying receipts etc so that I can get rid of the paper.
I think that an inkjet will do me, I've been using an hp psc 1317 for quite a while but it's playing up now. This printer is of the two ink-cartridge type, does anyone know if such a printer is still available? Everything I am looking at at the moment has a minimum of four cartridges. It would be nice if I could find one that will still run on one cartridge if the other is empty, or is this just a dream!
Thanks again for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom