Random Chit Chat

We are not cooking this year but instead are going out for Thanksgiving. The plus is not cooking (obviously) and no cleanup, but the downside is no leftovers. My wife and I are going out of town Friday for the weekend as an early anniversary getaway.

Ham here too! I have a weird issue. I can watch Netfliks on windows 7 no issue. Will not work on windows 10. Gives real weird picture. Can't watch it at all. Using HDMI between computer and tv. Trying to figure out why that is. anyone else have the same issues??

That's great BK_123. Hopefully it's a better alternative to whatever you have available now. Always good to have more choices.

For those of us in the US, what special plans does everyone have for the Thanksgiving holiday? My family will be having dinner at home and avoiding the crowds at the malls and such for the Black Friday shenanigans.

This year is significant for us as it will mark the first Thanksgiving where not all of our kids will be present. Our oldest son moved to Texas last year and will not be coming home for Thanksgiving. The other 3 kids will be here though.

Thanks Strollin. We sure need it crush some to evil local retail giants who have been running scared ever since their announcement. Their delivery will be very interesting given our sparse population.

I hope you folk in the US have a good Thanksgiving and score some great bargains in sales. Take it easy and stay safe.

Ham here too! I have a weird issue. I can watch Netfliks on windows 7 no issue. Will not work on windows 10. Gives real weird picture. Can't watch it at all. Using HDMI between computer and tv. Trying to figure out why that is. anyone else have the same issues??

Anywhere for you to set the screen res?

Yes but didn't help. The screen was all different colors. Was easy to make out my screen picture but all the colors were weird. No matter what i did it continued to stay the same. That and it would kill my computer screen. W7 worked right first time and both computer screen and tv worked. Both 10 and 7 have screen resolution set at 1080X720. If i try higher, my computer screen won't display correctly. My computer monitor is a older model and its set by default to that resolution. No big deal, just weird that 10 won't play nice with HDMI. I have duel drives as i have some games that won't play nice on 10. So, netflix is another if i want to use my tv for the movies. Funny, but it will play netflix on my computer screen just fine. Its when i try and use HDMI to my tv that it just goes weird. Weird 10, good name for it!!

Did, no effect. Had it down to 16 bit too. I would think that 64 would work great with HDMI. Like i said the gtx 710 should work with HDMI and 1080 , but i set it down to 480 and no dice, and also tried driver updates, no soap. W7 worked perfect right from the get-go.

Back
Top Bottom