GPU's... suggestions?

Keep in mind that the more power you buy, provided it is planned well, the more you computer will live up for newer games. In 2012 I used all the budget I could to get the high-end single chip mainstream consumer GPU (was GTX680 4GB at the time) and the highest i5 (3570k) on a mobo that supports SLI with a fitting PSU. I'm still using this computer and it can play any game I throw at with 45-60FPS, and now I even add another GTX680 for more power to give constant 60FPS on extremely high settings.

Let's forget about the SLI because it's annoying and it requires a higher PSU. Unless you plan to overclock out of the box (which I do not recommend), you could just get an overclockable CPU with its stock cooler to save for now (latest ones are good enough for new CPU's) and then when you need more speed you can get the pro air cooler for it. The stock cooler comes with the CPU so that won't cause more costs. Just make sure the motherboard is a good overclocker and the PSU has enough power for that and the GPU.

I'm saying the above since you're on a budget. Remember, this needs good planning and patience. I had that in mind and got a computer that lived for +5 years and can live 5 more in my calculations while being able to play newer games. Take your time, collect information and come up with your own conclusion.

Take your time, collect information and come up with your own conclusion.

That's the best advice you'll get. There is only so much we can say, and everything we say is biased and not objective. You'll have to do some research sooner or later. Otherwise, it's just like buying a pre-built computer.

True that. Smart guy- I hear you, I could run gta v at almost full With my current build at the beginning of the year. and the reason is exactly what you say. Spent a little more and got a lot more out of that build.

And I agree on patience. Slowly started building Up my new build a couple of months ago researching each part. Waiting for the deals and specials. New case and superflower psu both on special. Nmve drive also at discount. And phanteks cooler on special.
And research done on all parts which I always do. This time I thought I would get user thoughts and suggestion which turned out to be very helpful so thank you all.

I am almost certain I am going to buy the i5 -7500 for 150us. To good of a deal to pass up. Will see what msi says about my mobo so might have to buy new one and ram and cpu in a rush so gpu will have to wait a bit.

Yeah the 7500 deal seems good, if it's new. If you tell us what you already own and a budget we can put together a build for you.

Last edited:
I would be overclocking if the i5-7500 wasn't at such a good price. haven't changed build since I found out about the deal. so open to suggestions on a new board.

I would be overclocking if the i5-7500 wasn't at such a good price. haven't changed build since I found out about the deal. so open to suggestions on a new board.
If you aren't overclocking there is no point on getting an expensive motherboard. Just get something that can fit everything you want.

By the way, have you purchased the PSU and the cooler?

Once prices come to play, I confuse things and excuse myself. I'm not good with that.

Let's see, if no overclocking, two things you don't need; a third party air cooler and an overclocking motherboard. As discussed before, if the budget allows it, take the 1070. If not, don't go less than 1060 6GB.

Back
Top Bottom