I will be away for a while

I never had W10 crash on me but it had some strange behaviors that the updates took care of.

I've had 220 updates on this and on install it stuck at 190. Hard rebooted it and it reverted everything. I'm back where I started. This time it's going to be a few at a time.

I was typing some stuff here when I crashed.

Don't know what's going on guys. May have to build my i3 system together and use it.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your computer Celery.

yeah, like SG was saying...it's always good to have a back up image of your computer when everything is running fine.

I have multiple backups of all my computers. I do have to agree that W10 does act up with certain programs and devices.

For instance, I have a DVD burner to watch my movies on but for some odd reason W10 just won't play my DVD.

The drivers for playback of dvd's are missing on w10. Don't remember why but i remember reading about that. I haven't tried mine but I have Pro 10 so i don't know if that makes any difference. Will let you know, Wd65

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

They won't let me play them so it has to be a w10 issue.

Let's get things clear... now you're on a new Win7 installation and you're having crashes?

Funny enough, I posted this on my FB: "Dealing with computers could get really difficult. It requires heart and experience" the other day. Don't give up, Cel. You know how computers are. One day you'll laugh at this problem using a good setup.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your computer Celery.

yeah, like SG was saying...it's always good to have a back up image of your computer when everything is running fine.

I have multiple backups of all my computers. I do have to agree that W10 does act up with certain programs and devices.

For instance, I have a DVD burner to watch my movies on but for some odd reason W10 just won't play my DVD.

If you want to watch from the dvd burner, You need to buy a package for the W10. :facepalm:I have a dual boot with w7 and can watch my movies and copy them from the dvd burners. That was the cheaper, easier way to work around that. W10 will let you play and rip cds and download music. Thats all it is good for without downloading a codic package from MS. It has a price and don't know if that is for all time or a year.:eek:

The problem is that Windows Media Player included with Win 10 no longer supports playing DVDs. The solution is to use a different media player. VLC is a popular program to use to play DVDs but there are others as well. No need to buy anything as VLC is a free download.

VLC is the best. Get that.

I'm on my i3 system. Moved my memory and HDD (for data) to this i3. I'm using the hard drive already in the PC for boot. The File Manager showed 5 partitions. LOL

I think what it came down to is that the i5 Mobo is shot. I just pulled the memory and the HDD and leave the rest for later build.

Look at this screenshot. It had this message when I started the memory check. That tells me it's the board.

Attachments

• 20171024_142533.jpg
    20171024_142533.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 5
The problem is that Windows Media Player included with Win 10 no longer supports playing DVDs. The solution is to use a different media player. VLC is a popular program to use to play DVDs but there are others as well. No need to buy anything as VLC is a free download.

Tried VLC as i have that in the android and nope would not play dvds. Next:D

Back
Top Bottom