I will be away for a while

I think it's just bad connections. I rocked the plugs in the sockets and it worked. Explains the random errors.

Also explained why Windows wanted me to reactivate because my system changed. One of the components wasn't detected. It wouldn't let me reactivate but to reinstall. After I cleared the connections Windows saw it back to normal and allowed me to activate.

Weird, Windows I thought deactivates if the main components; mobo and CPU, changed only, not supporting ones like drives and such. I disconnected tons of stuff with no problem. Maybe the first time the activation did not automate (not sure if that was a real English word) with the internet connection or it was disconnected.

You may be right SG. My PC crashed just from idling when I left the room.

It could be the board after all. It's 6 years old but it's supposed to be a durable made board.

Ok, here what I found so far. My disk drive was corrupted and fixed by Scan Disk. The system file checker showed corrupted system files and created a log. According to the log it's a mess so I put in the W10 disk to do the repair.

The key was not recognized and aborted. Sheez. It was a DLed file and put on disk to install over W7. I'll have to install W7 and then W10.

To hell with W10. W7 it is as I have the OEM disk.

Here we go and laterz. :cool:

I have been having issues with my w7. My weather system keeps shutting down and locking up and bad data for rain. Don't do it on w10. Haven't figured out wth is happening. I hardly go to that disc anymore staying with 10. Never thought i would say that.....

I'm back with W7 and staying with it. W10 is awfully nice I can tell you that in comparison.

Now I'll be busy installing stuff I need now that I got the net. Laterz.

Good luck man. In such cases, I make a safe-fail image of Win7 then upgrade to Win10 and see if it works well and make an image of it. If something wrong happens, the Win7 image is there with all the software packages ready.

A few years ago when Windows 10 was new, I had a free upgrade from Windows 8. After a few weeks on Windows 10, my computer crashed. Installed back Windows 8 and haven't got a problem since.

Back
Top Bottom