Help! No sign of life

I spent a number of years working as a test technician. Something like this would NOT be caught. It would be great if something could be tested with 100% certainty but it's simply not possible. That's one reason why redundancy is used in critical situations.

I get it. It seems that even the parts themselves have their QC check after manufacturing not all gets tested.

You'd think that redundancy from start to finish will bring out the defect before the market.

Still the maker Super Flower has such a good rep that getting a defective product from them was a surprise because of a small percentage that gets through.

I still stand by what I said about the workers being people and not infallible.

Last edited:
... Still the maker Super Flower has such a good rep that getting a defective product from them was a surprise because of a small percentage that gets through.

I still stand by what I said about the workers being people and not infallible.
Since the PSU worked when first installed, it isn't defective. Some part within the PSU had an early failure, things like that are bound to happen.

I fully agree that workers are not infallible but don't think that this issue was caused by an errant worker.

We also don't know for sure that Sharpy didn't do something unintentionally and unknown that caused the PSU to fail. There are a number of possible reasons why the PSU failed. The quality reputation of Super Flower shouldn't be called into question unless many of their PSUs start to fail in the same way, then they have a problem.

Celery and Strollin... at some point I used to confuse you two with each other, dunno why.
Why? Is it because we look so much alike? :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom