Intel changed its desktop gen. 8 mainstream Core processors' policies.

Yeah? Well, I have a G540 Celeron too and guess what? They all fit the same motherboard!

Nya Nya :lol:

That's nothing compared to my Cyrix Pr233 computer... which is dismantled to peaces somewhere in my hardware collection :rolleyes:

Did I mention the 486DX2?

:hide:

Must be a thing of some kind. I have a athlon 64X2 3800 i can use in a pinch till i could get another processor. Maybe i should have another stick of ram too?

And that was mine before I built the Celeron PC. I still have two Socket 7 CPUs, an AMD XP1700 and a Duron 1 gig.

Why are we keeping these old crap? :lol:

Oh I just remembered, I used to have that Cyrix 233MX. I bought an Intel 233MMX to replace it and it turned that the Cyrix 233 did NOT match the Intel 233 performance.

Last edited:
Yeah, the MX Cyrix did not really match the Intel. What I know is that the previous ones rated PrXXX are the ones advertised they did and at lower clock speeds.

I'm keeping usable old parts as spares (like the 8800 GTS 320MB and others) and they did come in handy before. I did manage to build some systems, diagnose and fix some others thanks to that.

The unusable ones are still here cuz there is space for them that's not bothering me. Who knows, maybe one day they fetch a good price online :D

All parts are very well wrapped in anti-static plastic, you know, like those used with sandwiches :p

Mine are still in the plastic containers with foam they came in.

You really think they'll fetch a good price online? I got a bridge I'll sell ya. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom