I need some help with the boot up of my computer

Boy Wander

Beta member
I'm not very skilled (at all) with computers so I need a bit of a guide. There are two major problems with my computer and I made another trying to fix one. The first problem I think I've solved, and that is that my screen broke. It seems far to expensive to repair so I just used an HDMI cord on my TV. The other problem is that I have the auto repair loop. In my attempt to fix this with a factory reset however, I received error code 0xc0000185. I looked into it and apparently I need to insert an install disc? I don't have (and never did) one of these, so is there a way around it. Can I still factory reset? If so, please, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Are you attempting the repair option that requires an installation disk? If so, it is very easy to get one, as long as you have access to another computer and a flash drive (If you are trying to repair Windows 10, otherwise you'll need a key).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you need to repair Windows 10, click on "download tool" and follow the steps.

Thank you, I'll try this ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom