Random Chit Chat

I'm under the impression online shopping is used widely as a rip-off these days. I feel like online sellers take advantage of people not wanting to move about and buy stuff locally. I personally saved much money buying stuff locally including car and computer parts, and I'm talking about the goods price here only.

There are some thing you can't buy locally and did you really saved money buying locally?

Buying locally means you pay taxes and buying online you don't in most cases. I don't know about your tax situations but we don't compare.

I've have some really good deals online and as I said there are some thing I cannot get locally. The Underwood ammo is one for sure.

Yes, all that you said is common sense, no arguing that. It is not that I said it is always so; impressions are just impressions. Did/do you check thoroughly both online and offline (that's locally :D) before you buy?

Just the other day I bought a GTX 680 in excellent condition for $84 + $9.33 shipment cuz it was from another city. I couldn't find any close to that price online, not to mention the excellent condition.

Before that I looked for both distributor rotor and cap for my car with the same results.
The key here is to check before we buy. Who knows?

Are used stuff from personal individual purchases taxed too?

Okay, got the card and it's clocked higher than the old one. I'm having crashes probably because of that. For some reason the new one boosts higher that the factory settings. Gotta try and sync them and see.

I had a friend that bought a small vacuum on amoson for 84 bucks and 11 bucks shipping. I bought the very same one for 37 bucks and free shipping from ebay. Pays to shop around. I made my friend mad i think. He won't talk with me anymore on the train forum.

That's his loss and not your fault. When I buy something I do a lot of research and it pays off.

Even when I buy something locally I look it up before I go.

Yep!I got all the computer stuff on ebay. Save lots of $$$$ Like you said, you have to shop. Sometimes i find a good deal at Tiger Direct Or at Newegg. Most times i get it from somebody on ebay. I got a Video card thru Newegg but on ebay. Checked there price and then looked up on ebay and it was $20.00 cheaper. Same company...Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom