asus f541ua

petershene

Baseband Member
Hi guys i recently bought a asus f541ua , new out the box its slow as anything. It came with 8 gb ram i had it upgraded to 16gb and also i have a ssd so i doesn't have anything on it. Now ive seen on the internet that some spec reviews claim it to be a 12gb ram maxed where others say 16gb and also its a sodimm slot. I cannot figure out why its so slow im assuming this must be a problem somehow as my hp pavilion g7 ( loaded with programs ) is still beating the heck out of my asus

Give it a day or two, and keep it on. Whenever i reinstall windows, for the first few hours or even a day, it runs pretty slow. I think this is the OS expanding/uncompressing all it's files and setting up a list of file locations, or something like that. Check your task manager to find out what program is hogging what resource. then if it continues for more than a day or two, think about uninstalling it (if it's safe to do so). You might also disable some of the crap-ware that loads at startup.

If you get a new motherboard, you have to re-install the OS, or it will be slow. That's just how it works. Test if that solves the problem.

As with any new MOBOs installing fresh OSes is pretty much mandatory if you want performance and it's better to do it that way.

You're running your new board with old/wrong drivers and thus, problems.

You sure its OS partition is on a SSD?

And yeah, give it time to download and install all updates first and let the system configure everything. You could do that off-line so updates don't interrupt your test.

Also check the RAM channel level after the upgrade. Make sure it's working dual channel.

If there is a system monitoring software, check the CPU temp just to be sure cooling is working and no throttling is is there. Just in case.

Back
Top Bottom