Using Microsoft Edge

Haha, Yeah i have to agree with Pete. :D

@bluenose
Found a program that might help you out. It's a 3-party program to help manage edge bookmarks.
Haven't tried it myself. But you should be able to move all bookmarks from your "imported from internet explorer" folder (or whatever folder everything is located in) to the root of the Edge bookmarks.

https://www.ghacks.net/2016/08/25/edgemanage-favorites/

@bluenose
Found a program that might help you out. It's a 3-party program to help manage edge bookmarks.
Haven't tried it myself. But you should be able to move all bookmarks from your "imported from internet explorer" folder (or whatever folder everything is located in) to the root of the Edge bookmarks.

Thank you folks for all the help. I will give your link a go BikerEcho but I think that at the end of the day I will mke more use of Google or, do you recommend any other browser?

I personally don't care for the Edge browser. I used to use Firefox for all my browsing until Google Chrome came out.

Been using that ever since and am happy with it. :D

Everybody has their favourite browser. Mine is Firefox but there are many others out there. Not very many favour Microsoft Edge.

I've been with Google since I switched from Safari on Mac. Tried Firefox a few times but never liked it as much as chrome. Opera is great if you're on a metered connection, since it compresses everything before it reaches you.

@bluenose

Found this also before seeing your post. I downloaded it and tested it. It will do exactly what OP wants. Easy to select all favorites in a folder and then move them out of it.

It's good that a third party program is available to make Microsoft Edge work properly. Bottom line is, though, Microsoft should have written a proper program in the first place. The problem, as I see it, is that because 99.9999999% of the world use Microsoft products Microsoft have become complacent and think they can get away with writing and supplying trash. I have tried and tried to get away from Microsoft over the years but Linux is too geeky and Apple is too expensive and very limited so most of us end back with Microsoft.

You have to view Edge as a "work in progress", not a finished product. There's a Win 10 update coming out Oct 17th that has a lot of improvements to Edge.

I use FireFox, have Chrome on my machine and use it every once in awhile but have never understood the attraction people have for it, especially since it's well known that Chrome is one giant tracking cookie and pretty heavy user of resources.

Thanks again folks for all of the helpful replies. Thanks too for the heads-up re the next update on the 17th. I will keep my eyes open for that.

You have to view Edge as a "work in progress", not a finished product. There's a Win 10 update coming out Oct 17th that has a lot of improvements to Edge.

Good grief, Windows first hit the market in 1985 and before that we had DOS and other operating systems most of which had some sort of browser incorporated. It's only a browser, if Microsoft cannot get that right at this stage of the game I would suggest it's time they gave up.

Back
Top Bottom