Anti virus

Its interesting how Zone Alarm was on last years list but not this year. What happened?? It showed really good for what i needed. I have it on Debs and My computer and on my Tablet as well. It catches anything that i could get when surfing around the web. Yesterday it came up with three different virus that were stopped and it removed them for me. it does it own scan in the background and warns when i sees something bad. It seems to never have a false hit. I also think that there firewall is better than windows. Anyway, thats my two cents.....

me mate says norton is good you used norton much

I used to use Norton in the past but not anymore because it was a resource hog and I really don't care for it anymore.

I do agree that avast and Bit defender is the two I would use.

All antivirus programs are resource hogs. All I want in an anti virus program is for it to work unobtrusively in the back ground. I do not need it to keep popping up and telling me to run a scan or that it is running a scan or that it has run a scan and found nothing etc etc etc. They all do that even windows defender which is, by far, the least resource hog of them all. I wouldn't mind so much if these programs were 100% effective but they, simply, are not. Most of resource hogging they do is related to advertising themselves and I am just not interested. I do not keep anything important solely on my computer. Really really important stuff even gets printed out and stored. If I get a virus I can deal with it. If I choose to use an antivirus then I want it to do its job VERY quietly in the background and keep it's advertising gob firmly SHUT.

All antivirus programs are resource hogs. All I want in an anti virus program is for it to work unobtrusively in the back ground. I do not need it to keep popping up and telling me to run a scan or that it is running a scan or that it has run a scan and found nothing etc etc etc. They all do that even windows defender which is, by far, the least resource hog of them all. I wouldn't mind so much if these programs were 100% effective but they, simply, are not. Most of resource hogging they do is related to advertising themselves and I am just not interested. I do not keep anything important solely on my computer. Really really important stuff even gets printed out and stored. If I get a virus I can deal with it. If I choose to use an antivirus then I want it to do its job VERY quietly in the background and keep it's advertising gob firmly SHUT.
I think you just described a paid Antivirus. Contrary to popular belief, not all good things in life are free.

I think you just described a paid Antivirus. Contrary to popular belief, not all good things in life are free.

Paid or free they are all the same. Resource hogs and they don't work. If they did work we wouldn't need anti virus programs. As I say I don't need a third party anti virus. Defender, with all it's foibles, is good enough. I can sort out my computer if it happens to get a virus and anything of any importance is not on my computer.

I have more than 1 computer and I spend a lot of time on-line. On all but one of my systems I run Windows Defender but I have Bit Defender on that one machine. Of the 2 AVs, I consider Bit Defender to be the most intrusive but, in the end, they both find the exact same amount of infections - ZERO.

I usually run a scan with Malwarebytes once every six months or so and the most it ever finds is a few tracking cookies.

I have more than 1 computer and I spend a lot of time on-line. On all but one of my systems I run Windows Defender but I have Bit Defender on that one machine. Of the 2 AVs, I consider Bit Defender to be the most intrusive but, in the end, they both find the exact same amount of infections - ZERO.

I usually run a scan with Malwarebytes once every six months or so and the most it ever finds is a few tracking cookies.

No doubt. Antivirus programs are mostly useful if you download shady stuff.

Back
Top Bottom