Random Chit Chat

My car broke, I bought a panel van to replace it. (good for moving stuff to gigs etc.)

Thinking about turning it into a camper van, so want some windows in it, and some extra seats, putting them on L-track to make it a bit more useful... (meaning I can have a minibus, or a panel van taking the seats out easily...

bought the window glass, then thought, I guess I should call up the insurance people and see how this will affect my policy...

they want over a grand more, not only that but my current under writer won't underwrite those modifications, which means I'd have to pay to cancel my existing policy, get no no claims bonus (as the year isn't up) an go with a new under writer...

I figured it's raise the premium a bit making modifications, but it's more than tippled..

this plan is on ice now till next year, when I'll have the full year, + no claims bonus, and will then move to a "camper van" policy, and convert the van and register it as a conversion I think!

now I guess rather than proper camping, I'll just hang a hammock inside.

Sounds good. Add a hot water bottle shower and a porti-potty will take care of the other items. I camped for three years like that. You don't have to claim rv with that conversion. Its not a real rv in that sense. Welcome to the club! wd65

Back
Top Bottom