What annoys ya

Reb

In Runtime
i get pissed off with tapped bloody messages from bloody odd gear blokes:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

MOTOROLA smartphones.
I like Motorola. Only because they are cheap and easy to mod and customize. And also because OnePlus, Nexus and Pixel phones are not available in Argentina.

I hate how LG, Samsung and Sony fill their stuff with bloatware, and everything is locked.

And it's sad, because they are one of the best manufacturers.

I

I hate how LG, Samsung and Sony fill their stuff with bloatware, and everything is locked.

OMFG, this too! There's an app that samsung preloads called peel remote. it's for their IR blaster that works with tvs stereos etc. but as of a few months ago, they started putting full screen ads in. and not just in the app, the damn things pop up randomly when i'm using the phone. like, with no warning, a random ad will take up my whole screen. Even when i haven't used the app in MONTHS! I finally disabled it and uninstalled all the updates. I really like the app itself, when i actually use it. It's really well made, but it's like they just decided to monetize their whole install base one day and put these ridiculous ads in.

Also, i haven't had a motorola in years, so i guess i shouldn't comment on it. they could be better now, but they used to be cheap and break all the time. What kind of mods do you do to them?

EDIT: i wish i could just pay samsung like $10-$20 and get a clean install of android for my s6, or at least be able to remove preinstalled apps permanently. or better yet, i wish google would just offer android directly for third-party phones. the popular ones at least...

Last edited:
OMFG, this too! There's an app that samsung preloads called peel remote. it's for their IR blaster that works with tvs stereos etc. but as of a few months ago, they started putting full screen ads in. and not just in the app, the damn things pop up randomly when i'm using the phone. like, with no warning, a random ad will take up my whole screen. Even when i haven't used the app in MONTHS! I finally disabled it and uninstalled all the updates. I really like the app itself, when i actually use it. It's really well made, but it's like they just decided to monetize their whole install base one day and put these ridiculous ads in.

Also, i haven't had a motorola in years, so i guess i shouldn't comment on it. they could be better now, but they used to be cheap and break all the time. What kind of mods do you do to them?

EDIT: i wish i could just pay samsung like $10-$20 and get a clean install of android for my s6, or at least be able to remove preinstalled apps permanently. or better yet, i wish google would just offer android directly for third-party phones. the popular ones at least...
The only thing that could technically be considered a mod would be Xposed. I mostly use it to remove YouTube ads, since the app became unusable because of how long and recurrent the ads are now. I also like installing custom kernels and ROMs. I would like to become a developer some day. Not of apps, since I don't like high level programming languages.

Simply rooting the phone would be enough to remove the bloatware, but with a locked bootloader rooting relies only on those "one click root" programs, which are more invasive than the ads themselves, and probably half the code is designed to steal data. The same goes for Lucky Patcher.

I swear this is the first time I hear about ads in pre-installed apps. That is completely outrageous.

About Google providing stock firmware for every phone, I doubt that'll happen. I believe Android remains open source because Google doesn't want to port the OS to every device themselves. However, it would be awesome.

I am trying to figure out how to stop the pop-ups that windows 10 places in your screen with am anywhere on the computer. Games, word programs, facebook,ect, pop-ups show if i have a new email. other things that tell me i have a new update. I wish i could kill that from happening. In the games it can kill a shot or cost the game or round of the game. It don't do it in w7 but 10 is a PITA!!!!

I swear this is the first time I hear about ads in pre-installed apps. That is completely outrageous.

Not even just in the app. They have notification ads that show up in your lock screen notifications, pop-up ads that overlay whatever you're doing. And on top of that, they want you to PAY $.99 EVERY MONTH to get rid of them! it's not even a one time fee! they want a recurring charge to keep you free from ads you never asked for!

Peel remote app upsets users with a ton of ads and lock screen overlays

https://peel.freshdesk.com/support/...000058271-how-to-get-rid-of-ads-from-the-app-

dan, you may be able to change your security settings and advertising ID in settings, but the ads themselves won't go away. at least not with any official methods. You may have different results if you use a PRO or Enterprise version of windows 10. i've got the enterprise version, and don't remember seeing anything like those.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom