Random Chit Chat

It's someone's concept of what the next version of Windows might be like (it's actually an OS called Remix). At any rate, it is not something from MS.

You're old? YOU'RE OLD ?? :rolleyes:

Hah! I started with the TI 99/4A and learned BASIC programming. Then I had a Commodore 64 with which I wrote video games and sold to Compute! magazine.

Those were the good old days. :cool:

I loved my C64 and I was a die hard and didn't want the C64 to die that my best friend bought me a 286 system to get me off of it.

I hated that computer. Monochrome (green) monitor and floppy drive with DOS OS on it. I then warmed up to the fact that IBM PCs were here to stay. Then I had 386s, 486s, Pentiums, etc etc.

The rest is history.

I forgot all about the C64! Green screen, i liked better than that crazy yellow! Had a 486. Pentium 4. Amd sempron, Amd athlon 64X2 4800++ then now. Whats next, I think it will be another Amd.
3.1, w95, 98se, xp. vista, w7 and w10. next?? old 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit and now 64 bit, Next??

I started with an IBM PC in 1984. No green screen for me, I spent the big bucks for CGA card and monitor. 4 of the ugliest colors ever. After a few months with that PC, I built myself a clone of an IBM XT. My clone ran at 8Mhz and had a 20MB hdd. The IBM XT ran at 4.77Mhz and had a 10MB hdd.

Started out with DOS 2.1 then 3.0, 3.1, 4.0 then on to Win 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, Win 95, 98, 98se, xp, (skipped Vista & ME), w7, w8, w8.1, w 10. Along the way I also had an Amiga HD 2000 and also ran all versions of IBM's OS/2.

I've tried quite a few Linux distros overe the years too (none I particularly like).

Back
Top Bottom