One question that worries me about the CCleaner situation

exec8

Beta member
Hello everyone,

This is my first time here and I join you, having just read the article about the malware-infected version of CCleaner, which I assume to have installed (because I never skip an update).

Yesterday, when I opened CCleaner, I received the usual update-popup that happens every few weeks, but this time it started downloading and installing automatically (just like VLC does), unlike other times when I was asked to manually download the .exe file from a website.

Does anyone know if:
This is a fix that they made to ensure that everyone will update to the new, clean version.
OR!
That was an update from the malicious version and CCleaner will continue to update manually like before.

Many thanks,
Johnny

you can download and install the latest update from the ccleaner website to be sure, but it's probably legit.

I stopped updating ccleaner years ago when they stopped introducing features and just started bloating the UI and harassing me about getting the paid version.

LOL, whenever i finish using it, i uninstall it. Just like malware bytes and avg. no reason to have them on the computer constantly when i only need them once a year...

Back
Top Bottom