How to hide your open ports?

kao

Beta member
Hello,

whoer.net says this:
AQKoBb.jpg

How do I make that no website would be able to see that I have open ports (and that I am using proxy) ?

thank you!

Isnt 1080 one of the ports that are used for internet? like port 80?

Port 1080 (tcp/udp) - Online TCP UDP port finder - adminsub.net

Application examples that often use UDP: voice over IP (VoIP), streaming media and real-time multiplayer games. Many web applications use UDP, e.g. the Domain Name System (DNS), the Routing Information Protocol (RIP), the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).

The important ones are DHCP and DNS. They're not absolutely necessary, but it's a PITA using IP addresses to look up websites without using DNS. While it might be possible, it's probably not a great idea to do this.

edit: if i'm mistaken, i'd be glad to be corrected.

You can't hide open ports. It's best to just minimize the number of them you have open, run your applications on non-standard ports, and filter by source IP if possible on your firewall.

You can't hide open ports. It's best to just minimize the number of them you have open, run your applications on non-standard ports, and filter by source IP if possible on your firewall.
Agreed. I would only add that using a web proxy is not going to help a lot.

Back
Top Bottom