Hello from Thailand

I'm afraid I wouldn't know, crab is not one of my favorites but seafood here is amazing and quite inexpensive. I'm sure you have tried Thai food, it was among my five favorite cuisines before I even traveled. I even had my table at a Thai restaurant near my office and every Wednesday they will keep it reserved for me. But then I visited Thailand and realized that real Thai food was even better than its Americanized version. I hope you are able to make it someday as it is a great country to visit.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Mark, thanks for the question. Please see my response above. Almost zero crime, don't have to worry about locking my car or home. Can walk with an expensive watch and phone without fear of being robbed or pick pocketed. Great food, warm weather and friendly people are some other reasons.

I personally think ethnic food labeling is mostly just a marketing strategy. I look at the dish and decide in-situ what additional ingredients to keep and remove if the main is what I'm looking for, haha. Exceptions are numbered really, like some common to the land ingredients like the Thai or Indonesian steamed plain white rice which makes any dish so tasty for me.

Sea food? I love sea food specially crustaceans ;)

Everybody's taste is different. To me, Thai food is amongst the worst I've ever had.

As far as what you described regarding low crime and no need to lock your car or home, and can walk with an expensive watch without fear of being robbed, I have that here in Calif. The cost of living is definitely higher here though.

If Calif was more affordable, it would be an ideal place for retirement.

I know I'm late to the party, but Welcome to CF.....nice to see new members join us here. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom