How many of you have friends borrow stuff...

I've stopped borrowing tools because they always seem to fall apart in my possession. Especially anything motorized/gas powered. I got tired of repairing/replacing/looking like I was acting careless.

Now I just rent the tools I need. I've had better luck, probably because the rental shops actually maintain the equipment. And if something does go wrong, it won't hurt any friendships.

I used to work in a rental shop and it's true that we maintain the tools. People abuse them and it's not their problem to repair.

That's for the rental shops and lenders both to fix. Trust me on that. True friends who own up are a rarity.

Another friend borrowed a Pentax 35mm SLR camera from me and while using it, the camera shutter mechanism broke internally. He took the camera to a shop and had it repaired. The repair cost more than it would have cost to purchase a brand new camera body. He offered to buy a new camera body instead but then none of my lenses and accessories would work with it (my old camera body was no longer being sold)so I declined. I felt sorry for him as I didn't feel he had done anything wrong, just timing. We're still friends.

i daint lend gear out just have odd bloke who think he got girlyfriend think tapped in bloody head

I... have no friends :(

But I do loan my familia stuff and forget about it. If it is money, they give it back on their own without me asking.

I once lent a cousin some ram sticks and they burned on his computer :p

Dunno. He says that he once heard explosions coming from the computer while it's on while he's sleeping. They were caput as he realized it was the computer. The PSU went off too.

Back
Top Bottom