C'mon you guys...

I think the problem is that computer users and buyers are getting a lot more savvy than they used to be. Computers are getting a lot more reliable than they were a few years ago. Software is getting a lot easier to install and use than it used to be. Go to a Linux forum where everything you do with Linux has to be done from a command line or talking to the computer in gobble de gook and there are loads of people asking how to do something.

This, and other computer forums, is not a social meeting place like Facebook etc. It is a place that people come to ask how to do something relating to their computer. They get an answer and then they go away and do it. Or they don't get an answer and they try somewhere else. You would be surprised at the number of people that ask the same on this forum as they do on this forum.

https://www.computerforum.com

Well maybe you wont seeing as that forum has the same Google name as this one but you see what I mean.

There is nothing wrong with trying to make this forum into a computer social meeting place but as has already been said it would have to change and that would mean "investment" of somebodies time and input if not a monetary investment.

A computer forum... these need news, discussion, reviews, inventions, games, etc. stuff these days, not just waiting for inquiries. People know how to deal with computers more than ever now, and the internet is full of solutions already.

Something special has to be done... something creative... innovative...

And to be honest... the site's software is very outdated and lacking too. Unsubscribe from a thread and you lose quotes you your posts and face difficulty to find the first new post after your last visit. That's not encouraging.

?? Investments??
Yeah. We can't expect to have a better forum without money, or knowledge and time.

Everyone says the forum looks old and that the moderators aren't too available, but no one is willing to help, or doesn't know how, which is my case, since I'm not a programmer and I don't know anything about web design and development.

That's why I say the forum needs and income, so someone can make this his/her job (at least a secondary one), and put some more time into it.

Maybe ads? I've noticed the site has no ads. Is that because it's a .org site?

I think a simple forum like this is all we need. I went to forums that has lots of forums and I got lost in it. I didn't like and left.

The AV forum was one that was too big.

This forum is a humble place where friends meet and talk about things. It still can be computer and gadget related as well as social.

You go visit friends and have a beer right? This is where the 4 corners of the world can meet and have ebeer here. We all have a lot in common because we are just normal folks who's trying to make a living.

The gun forums I am members of are always busy. There's a lot of comradeship there and we share a common interest which is our guns. We make friends everywhere and some meets up for an outing at the range or go hunt.

Here us nerds aren't so sociable? C'mon. :rolleyes:

I think the merger would have helped solved or at least half solve the problems this place is having now. Techist has a bigger user base than us and more active users and lots more sections. Unfortunately looks to be dead.

I have to agree with BK, I think the merger would have helped this place out a little. It's a sad fact though that people sign up here, ask their question, and then leave after they get their answer.

Also, as SG said, there are answers for every question about computers. YouTube is locked and loaded with video's of how to do it yourself.

Yep, I think it should be more than just answering the computer issues. It should be a social site for friends that need help and just general beer break talk. I am getting ready to wake up another old thread that SG and several others posted on. It don't have anything to do with computers. Just something to join in on.

Back
Top Bottom