Sonic Mania - Almost here!

Xinam

In Runtime
After a long wait it drops on Tuesday! (Delayed by 2 weeks for PC though) Will be getting it on Nintendo Switch. Really excited for it, it's my kind of game and gone back to the good old days of a 2D platformer.

Anyone else going to be picking it up?

It's coming for PC?

YES!

The first 4 sonic games kept getting better as they came out (3 and S&K feel similar except for the addition of Knuckles tho). I have fears about Mania, specially in music since the sense of music got worse starting the 2000's to mu taste, that it will disappoint like further Sonic games. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hope it is possible to customize the soundtracks.

I'll honestly find ways to test the game first before buying it.

Saw it!

Character design looks so innocent. I expected it to be like the last Sonic anime (Sonic X) where it was kinda serious. Now this one gives me a feeling the game is gonna be a Sonic 2 atmosphere game, which is the most friendly looking and easy going of all the other classic Sonic games.

Today's the day! Hopefully it will have gone live by the time I get in from work.

Two more weeks for me PC freak. Got an XBONE exclusively for the old Gears games that collects dust now but I won't get the game for it unless provided for free when I get the PC version.

Anyway, here's a review for the PS4 version (I don't think the Pro will make a difference haha):
https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/sonic-mania-review/1900-6416729/

Interesting how the characters at the top of the preview look better than those on the intro sequence.

On a side note; it is interesting how the now and for a long while pathetic Sega managed to make a success this time with the help of a rom hacking fan. An almost excellent Streets of Rage remake came out years ago and Sega didn't acknowledged it. Really pathetic.

Last edited:
Two more weeks for me PC freak. Got an XBONE exclusively for the old Gears games that collects dust now...

Haha my PS4 is also gathering dust. Can't remember the last time I turned it on!

On a side note; it is interesting how the now and for a long while pathetic Sega managed to make a success this time with the help of a rom hacking fan. An almost excellent Streets of Rage remake came out years ago and Sega didn't acknowledged it. Really pathetic.

Maybe they're a bit short on cash these days whereas they weren't back then. Also, their own new Sonic game, Sonic Forces, is out later in the year. So Sonic Mania is a cost-effective marketing tool essentially.

Last edited:
To my analyses I believe Sega lost it ever since the Genesis/Megadrive add-ons. They and non of any further of their products lived anything close, to my knowledge. The first gen. Saturn game pad is my best classic controller choice, tho, yet it still did not get a mode/select button. Such game pad with two more shoulder buttons and a a select button would be phenomenal for classic games, and two analog sticks could be interesting for newer classic games, but I wonder how it would look like then haha.

Yeah, heard about the Forces Sonic. GameSpot gave mania 9/10. I have a strange feeling Forces won't get more than 6-7, and I hope I'm wrong. Now, that would be awkward!

The Game Gear was kinda successful, if we speak handheld.

Last edited:
So stoked to get my hands on this!

Trying not to think about what percentage of my childhood/adult life has been spent playing Sonic over the years... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom