Happy 4th of July

No, I'm talking about the one in my city in Colorado. I go there sometimes just to buy some fireworks when I'm bored at home...haha

ok, There is a fireworks factory at the border at North and South Carolina. They are open year around. You can get Anything there!! If you have the bucks you can even get the large stuff they use at fireworks shows!! Not sure where you would shoot them off but they have them and sale them. Its right off of Interstate 95.

Got to tell this story! I was into flying those rocket kits made by different companys like Estes. The gulf war had been on the news all week. Saturday i meet with a few others that also shoot off rockets and we started up with firing up the rockets. Next thing we knew, here comes the fire dept. and the police!! Now mind you we fire there every week! There is a old folks home down the road and they saw our rockets and called 911! They kept telling the operator that the rockets were being fired at us here in Maine!!! Funny but we had to go thru a lot of red tape to continue flying rockets at the High School Football field.
After we all had a good laugh, but the police and fire dept. were about half way thinking there could be something about what the old folks told them. I was surprised after that, that the FBI didn't show up too!!! I told Estes about it and gave them a good laugh too. I liked to fly the really big rockets. 4 foot up. Had a couple of 6 footers. Not by Estes buy Aerotech and a couple of other companys that flew and made "High Power Rockets". The engines got to be too expensive to fly so i got out of it. Somewhere in my stuff i have a bunch of pictures with them going up. My favorite is a scale model of the Saturn 5 Moon rocket. It went up and the two parts come back down with three parachutes. I got two luck shots of the rocket flying up and wouldn't you know it the Moon was visible in the sky!!! With the Parachutes out and rockets coming down in two pieces the moon right there made for some super shots. Those were fun times!!!

Here in Calif, fireworks are only available around the 4th and only in certain counties or cities. Also, they only sell "safe & sane" types which are actually pretty wimpy. I'd love to be able to get some decent fireworks for a change.

Ugg, Me thinks they are lost in that storage shed. This may take a bit. You haven't see the shed! Its stacked up to the ceiling almost with the train layout up on top!! Now which box or crate is those photos in......

Here in Calif, fireworks are only available around the 4th and only in certain counties or cities. Also, they only sell "safe & sane" types which are actually pretty wimpy. I'd love to be able to get some decent fireworks for a change.

The warehouse that I go to sells all the good stuff, and If you want the big stuff, they sell everything from black cats to cherry bombs.

Yup, you can get those too. In the past all you had to do is show them your licence and tell them you are traveling to Wyoming , and they would sell you the big stuff.

Alot of people just stay in the state and light them off anyways. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom