Recommendations for Business Laptop w/Docking Station

Order placed.

X1 Carbon
Chip: i7-7600U
RAM: 16GB
HDD: 1TB PCIe-NVMe SSD
WWAN: Snapdragon LTE

Various add-ons and specs....

Unfortunately, he'll be traveling out of state so I won't get to do the unboxing as I shipped to that location :(

Unfortunately, he'll be traveling out of state so I won't get to do the unboxing as I shipped to that location :(

probably best - it won't end up at his office covered in drool that you'd have to explain.

I seem to recall (though it was a few years ago) people in the office where I am not really liking the X1 series.

not that they aren't spec'd well, it was a build quality issue. - the whole chassis kind of flexed under load, heavy handed people found that they track pad wasn't responsive, you could grab opposing corners and twist and the whole thing would twist...

I've got one of the think pad T series and rate them pretty highly - someone in the office here has a dock and seem to get along well with it... previously I had an HP probook series, again really good machine with a pretty well featured dock.

probably best - it won't end up at his office covered in drool that you'd have to explain.

Or "Sorry Keith... it never arrived.... but uh... I have this old laptop that works pretty well.... I can still expense the cost of the laptop though to pay my cc off, right?"

I seem to recall (though it was a few years ago) people in the office where I am not really liking the X1 series.

I've read many a similar review, and even reviews of the newer models are... mixed. However it would appear (to me at least) that a lot of the build issues are solved in the 5th gen. Other issues were more 'one-off' than a series defect.

previously I had an HP probook series, again really good machine with a pretty well featured dock.

Yea.. I indicated that as well... in fact, my suggestion was literally:
I personally would probably go with the Carbon, but the HP EliteBook is about as a “sure thing” as you can find when it comes to purchasing confidence.

The only time I've ever had issues with any of the EliteBook or ProBook series, it's been a manufacturing defect and HP has replaced within a day or two, or had a technician onsite next day.

Back
Top Bottom