OC GPU Voltage - Screen Flickering?

Hey guys..

So I watched the video and it is useful. However, I can't seem to get access to the voltage control on MSI AB or Sapphire TRIXX... so is it locked in some way?

HOWEVER.. I AM able to get the control using the oldest version of Trixx (which is referenced by my original post)

As you can see attached going on the website there are 3 versions for download.. and it's the V4.9.1 that allows it... but the others do not???

Any ideas why this is?

You didn't say if you have the newest drivers installed.

So you have the latest drivers, both cards support voltage control, and you can't control voltage. It is weird.

What happens if you disable the "Synchronize" setting in AB? Maybe the fact that the card have different stock voltages is causing a conflict.

So you have the latest drivers, both cards support voltage control, and you can't control voltage. It is weird.

What happens if you disable the "Synchronize" setting in AB? Maybe the fact that the card have different stock voltages is causing a conflict.

I'm thinking the same thing actually.

I tried disabling it with Sapphire TRIXX and I got screen flickering almost immediately without adjusting anything!

I'll try the latest version again as well as give MSI AB another try after doing a clean install of all drivers again.

I'm thinking the same thing actually.

I tried disabling it with Sapphire TRIXX and I got screen flickering almost immediately without adjusting anything!

I'll try the latest version again as well as give MSI AB another try after doing a clean install of all drivers again.

I recommend this for comprehensive, balls to the wall display driver removal:-

Download Display Driver Uninstaller - MajorGeeks

(run it in safe mode).

The only other thing I can think of that would prevent Afterburner from being able to control your voltage would be the BIOS on the card. I don't suppose your cards have dual BIOS with a switch on the PCB?

I recommend this for comprehensive, balls to the wall display driver removal:-

Download Display Driver Uninstaller - MajorGeeks

(run it in safe mode).

The only other thing I can think of that would prevent Afterburner from being able to control your voltage would be the BIOS on the card. I don't suppose your cards have dual BIOS with a switch on the PCB?

Hmm I'm afraid I wouldn't know actually.. how can I check?

Do you know which model of Sapphire's R9 you have? (Nitro, Nitro X whatever they call it)?

Edit: Had a look through the Sapphire lineup of R9 270X cards, looks like the Vapor-X and the TOXIC variants have the dual-BIOS switch whereas the DUAL-X and the 4G versions don't, but it's still worth checking anyway.

Somewhere on the top of the card, probably near the PCI power connectors, you're looking for this button:-

zYpzZL3.jpg

If it's lit up, it's in LEGACY mode, if its not lit up it's in UEFI mode. Worth trying both modes and rebooting after switching between them to see if it changes how Afterburner is behaving.

Last edited:
Thanks Dark, I've just checked.

I do indeed have the Dual X version and had a look on the card too.. Couldn't really see anything that stood out.

I however have managed to 'desync' the cards in the old version of Trixx ... so I'll try overclocking one slowly and see how that goes.

No luck.. screen starts flickering even after increasing by 0.005v :confused:

About 6 months or more ago I did flash my BIOS as I thought I was having issues (but may not have) .. went to the official motherboard website and just downloaded the newest one. I don't suppose there's a way to reverse that! If it might have anything to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom