Advices and tips for my first build: AMD Ryzen 5

Jerry, if you're going to spend extra money buying an UPS put the extra money in a better PSU instead like a Seasonic or Super Flower. They have an excellent power protection built in as well as clean power to your components.

On that ^ note regarding UPS, it really depends for me on the quality of the power in the building you live in.

When I was living with my folks in a 1960s-1970s house with an energy rating of a low D/High E (EU EPC Rating) the power delivery was very flakey, so much so that it killed at least two 80Plus Bronze PSUs (old Corsair ones I think they were) that were in some lesser PCs (one was a HTPC, the other a re-cased Pentium 4 machine my dad used). I ended up buying a 700Wish UPS (APC non-smart) to condition the power and plugged a surge-guarded power strip into it just to be sure. Fairly confident that not having done that I'd probably have had to RMA my V650 at some point.

However, in my new home which was built 2007 with an EPC rating of B (which to me suggests the power cabling in the building is nice and modern and efficient) I've not felt the need to have any kind of power conditioning, the 80Plus Gold rating of the V650 keeps my anxiety at bay :lol:

Back
Top Bottom