OC GPU Voltage - Screen Flickering?

datkins91

In Runtime
So I've downloaded Sapphire TRIXX (which seems very apt as I have 2 x Sapphire 270Xs in Crossfire) to be able to adjust the GPU voltage.

MSI Afterburner doesn't work.

I can overclock my GPUs from 1070/1400 to 1120/1500 without changing anything.. however, every once in a while I get a crash and feel I just need to bump the GPU voltage slightly.

STRANGELY though... looking in TRIXX.. it says the voltage of my 1st GPU is 1.188 and for the SECOND GPU it's 1.238? Why is this?

When I try and bump up the 1st GPU from 1.188 my screen starts flickering... then I have to restart and when I do restart.. the computer will BSOD and then settings will go back to normal.

I have disabled ULPS also.

Any advice on what's happening? Why the VDDCs are different.. how I can overclock safely?

How are you overclocking? Are you doing slight bumps Avery time, or do you jump to high frequencies directly?

Also, are the GPUs the same exact model?

You know what.. this whole time I thought they were both the exact same.. But I've just checked the boxes.

One of them is an 'Overclock Edition' - the other is not.

What are my options?

Also, what kind of bumps would you recommend? Would you recommend 5mv and then restarting each time?

You know what.. this whole time I thought they were both the exact same.. But I've just checked the boxes.

One of them is an 'Overclock Edition' - the other is not.

What are my options?

Also, what kind of bumps would you recommend? Would you recommend 5mv and then restarting each time?
I would say you take them to the same voltage first. Them start doing small bumps. Proper overclocking takes hours.

What PSU do you own?

I own a Corsair 1000w Platinum rated :p

I tried bumping the 1st GPU to the same as the other, that was the first thing I did.. immediate flickering.

Also, should I have 'Synchronise cards in multi-GPU config' enabled?

Or should I bring the Overclocked one down to 1.188?

Yes, enable it. That should equalize the settings.

I was thinking you dropped down the OC card voltage.

I'll try bringing the higher one down to the original and work upwards.

Any other suggestions about the flickering at all?

Will try the overclocking tomorrow now.

I'd say too much voltage. Maybe drivers, but I don't think so. Try tiny increases starting from the lowest card. Keep them at the same values. Take your time. You can't rush this.

Okay will do.

I'll reduce the 2nd card to 1.188, restart my computer.. then increase both cards by.. 3-5mv each time exactly the same, and restart.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.

(If anything else comes to mind do let me know)

Okay will do.

I'll reduce the 2nd card to 1.188, restart my computer.. then increase both cards by.. 3-5mv each time exactly the same, and restart.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.

(If anything else comes to mind do let me know)
Doesn't the synchronize option stabilize the settings?

By the way, have you tried Wattman?

Back
Top Bottom