What i have

Yeah, i didn't even know it till it was pointed out to me. the ram he has is AMD type. But they didn't know why. Your idea sounds like the best reason as any. That board was used too. I do believe that the board i am looking at would be the best for my needs. Now if July would get here....

What can you come up with, AMD? We're all ears.

It would be helpful to know what's your exact budget and the components you have that could be used with any build. So far you have a Storage drive and a GPU, and maybe a PSU.

You could find used components on ebay and build, let's say a Celeron or Pentium PC. I think with $100 or less you could find decent used parts. You could also sell the ones you have right now.

Is there any problem with that?

Most times the parts if cheap are used. The pcu IS used and so is the ram. The board is new and can be upgraded easy enough. There are a lot of FX 4 6 and 8 core machines running out there that do gaming and anything else they want. I think a 4 core would work just nice for my needs.

INTEL DG33TL LGA775 MOTHERBOARD (WITH Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz and 4GB DDR2 Ram) 76.00 bucks for this. I am just as good off with the AMD

Intel-DH61BE-Motherboard-with-i3-2100-CPU-and-4GB-Ram 100.00 bucks. Used but not bad, i just don't have the bucks for it. I didn't know that Core i3 used ddr2? Learn something new every day huh.....

Most times the parts if cheap are used. The pcu IS used and so is the ram. The board is new and can be upgraded easy enough. There are a lot of FX 4 6 and 8 core machines running out there that do gaming and anything else they want. I think a 4 core would work just nice for my needs.

Instead of being able to upgrade to an FX, you can have the possibility to upgrade to a Haswell I5, which is much better.

The only reason I recommended used stuff is because you are already planning on buying used, so why instead of buying outdated used stuff, buy something more up to date and upgradeable used stuff. I'm sorry but I missed the part where you explained why that can't be.

Funds man funds. Board is 50 bucks and IF i go with that ram,pcu combo another 20. But for right now the board is the most important. I can use the ram and PCU from this board for now. I didn't see anything that was 50 bucks other than Core 2 duo and older stuff like P4..now thats OLD!

Ok Dan, I did some research and after rereading what you are willing to spend on what you wanted we can do it with my Celeron and have a very good upgrading options down the road. That's socket 1155 and DDR3 right off the bat and beat your price if not match it. You'll do much better this way.

Wanna do it? My Celeron was only used a few months before I went to an i3. It'll come in my i5 retail box with an i3 heat sink/fan. I'll pay for shipping it and all you gotta do is get the board and mem.

Since you'd have to wait for July (like me) I'll research and grab the best deal for you from Newegg.

Deal?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom