Using Macrium Reflect

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I have backed up/taken an image of my 'C' drive (O/S and Programmes only) and I am wondering what will happen if I decide to use it by restoring this image to the 'C' drive.

Will the restore process clear everything that is on the drive at the moment, i.e. will it format the drive as it is doing the restore or, should I format it myself before starting the restore?

Thanks in advance of any input.

No need to do a format....when restoring an image partition of your OS it will automatically format the partition and put the image back onto it.

I use Macrium Reflect too and it's an awesome program. :)

On the basis that you should always have more than one backup as a safety net, does anyone know if it is possible when backing up a disk, to do the two backups at the same time.
I use my 'C' drive for all my programmes and I have taken an image of this. I use my 'D' drive for all my data files, photo's etc etc. What I want to do is back up my 'D drive to two separate external drives but, at the same time if this is possible. To have to run them separately is a bit of a pain. I have my Reflect set up to run a full backup once a month, with differential backups run first thing everyday.

It would be good if the 'differentials' could be backed up to the two drives at the same time too. is this possible please?

Not simultaneously but sequentially is possible. It will Double the time it takes to back up though.

If you do your backup to a set of 3 or more drives in 1 0 raid it will have the same effect though as there will be a copy that is spanned and one that is parodied.

Last edited:
Not simultaneously but sequentially is possible. It will Double the time it takes to back up though.

If you do your backup to a set of 3 or more drives in 1 0 raid it will have the same effect though as there will be a copy that is spanned and one that is parodied.

Thank you for coming in on this Technician but my oh my has your reply made my head hurt:facepalm:

Unfortunately I'm an almost 77 year old grey haired wrinkly and whilst I can cope with a reasonable amount on the pc, I'm afraid your guidance is a little beyond me.

Thank you anyway for taking the time to respond. It is appreciated.

Thank you for popping in here and posting on the forum Bluenose....it's good to see you haven't forgotten about us. ;)

Thank you for popping in here and posting on the forum Bluenose....it's good to see you haven't forgotten about us. ;)

Hello mr mixx, I have been absent for a while I'm afraid. You can take it from me, none of you will be forgotten, I regard all you kind helpers as being worth your weight in gold.

Well, the other day I did a complete/full backup of my 'D' drive which holds all of my personal data. At the same time, I set it up to do differential backups each day at 9am but, although it did the full backup OK, there is no sign of any differential backups being run.

Can I now set the system up to do the required differentials without having to run another full backup?

Back
Top Bottom