Whats your Hobby?

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
Besides Computers what else is a Hobby for you. Mine is Model Railroading. I haven't done anything for over a year but its still intact but for now its in our storage shed. Thanks to our wonderful government they keep screwing over the veteran. Once i finish paying there stupid co-pays for my meds it hasn't given me much money to work with. Right now the Computer is more important. :whistling: Once i get this mess cleared up with the Va, I can start working on the model again. Have some pictures of what is done. So, whats yours?;)

Attachments

• 20150903_222539.jpg
    20150903_222539.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150707_171239.jpg
    20150707_171239.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 6
That's a good hobby to have Dan...My hobby used to be making MP3 CD's, but now it's just riding my bike around the park. I would show a pic of my bike but it's a piece of crap bicycle .

What is this? A railroad for ants? :D

That's really cool.

Computer games, hiking, reading and pondering, and trying to raise three children to not just be cogs in a crappy society.

Quote: "What is this? A railroad for ants?" :lol::lol:
It is a N scale railroad. Small as i can't use a larger scale because of room needed. Ever since i was a kid i wanted to live in a caboose. I love steam engines and lived where they were still used till the early 70's. We had coal and timber in West Virginia so there were a lot of different kinds of trains. ;)
We are becoming a dying breed for model railroading. I think that sometime in the next 15 years it will be hard to find any model trains. Kids just don't want to play engineer when they can be Luke Skywalker in Video games.:eek:

That's a good hobby to have Dan...My hobby used to be making MP3 CD's, but now it's just riding my bike around the park. I would show a pic of my bike but it's a piece of crap bicycle .

Please do show your bicycle. I am absolutely obsessed with bicycles. Here is mine:

AABs216SKiRSElUe-8s1jz6sa
awMCfbh.jpg

*resisting the urge to begin a verbose monologue about her bicycle*
AABs216SKiRSElUe-8s1jz6sa

Last edited:
Composing and creating music, making movies, photography, bicycling, bicycle repair, electronics (currently designing and building an off grid solar for the mountain house), I used to do model railroading and more recently I have done slot cars 1/32nd scale, writing books, reading books, painting, racquetball and handball, tennis, horseback riding, kayaking, Automotive Maintenance and Repair and a bit of tinkering and several others I'm probably forgetting.
On the bicycling front the whole family recently got 8 speed hybrid Cafe bikes with internal gear shifting instead of the derailers of the old bikes.

On the bicycling front the whole family recently got 8 speed hybrid Cafe bikes with internal gear shifting instead of the derailers of the old bikes.

Actually, internal gear hubs were among the first forms of multiple-gear systems for bicycles. Derailleurs, as we know them, were a much later invention and mostly became prevalent due to the strong influence of bicycle racing (mechanical losses are slightly greater in IGH systems, not to mention the weight penalty.)

My friend's randonneuring bike has a 14-speed Rohloff internal gear hub. I think it's absolutely incredible, but as with most internal gear hubs, the slight mechanical imperfections do bother me. It is for this reason that I opted for a derailleur system on my bicycle. For pretty much anybody else (except racers,) I will concur that internal gearing is a far superior solution (and I even do have it on my folding bicycle.)

The one problem which still seems to plague most IGH models is, unfortunately, reliability. This is of relatively little concern for "normal" users; however, for bicycle tourists such as myself and my friend, the only hub currently known to be able to withstand tour loads reliably is the Rohloff. Were one to gear a Nexus or Alfine hub to touring standards, fully load the bike, then attempt to climb a mountain with it, the likelihood of an eventual failure would be significant (and there are user reports to back this up.)

Last edited:
Please do show your bicycle. I am absolutely obsessed with bicycles. Here is mine:

That is a really nice bike Foothead, and I would post a pic of my bike but I don't have a digital camera. I sold it to my nephew cuz I needed the cash and My phone doesn't have a camera on it..lol

I have one of those small cheap phones lol. I don't really need a new phone because I hardly talk to people tbh .

EDIT: Also, it's only a $30 dollar bike I picked up at a garage sale.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom