Random Chit Chat

Thanks, guys. I came on here to retrieve an old post of mine, when I figured I should at least check in. To be honest, I've come to hold some fairly negative views on technology in general, so participating in a computer forum no longer particularly appeals to me. I do like you guys though, so I'll try to post in the social lounge on occasion.

Thanks, guys. I came on here to retrieve an old post of mine, when I figured I should at least check in. To be honest, I've come to hold some fairly negative views on technology in general, so participating in a computer forum no longer particularly appeals to me. I do like you guys though, so I'll try to post in the social lounge on occasion.

Welcome back! Good to see you here again! :D Always great to see older faces pop back.

Most of us seem to post primarily in the social sections anyway haha, just call us the computersocial forum.

Yes please pop in and post in the Social lounge....:)

So why did you leave? Did we bore you? :lol:

There was one specific user who was harassing me. I finally got tired of it and decided to stop posting here. When I came on yesterday, I checked whether he was still active and discovered that he was banned shortly after I left the site.

Now for a random question for you all: Does *anyone* else notice that the amoled screens on Samsung phones flicker like crazy? My brother has one, and it drives me absolutely nuts. Any time he pulls that thing out, it's like having a strobe light in my vision.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, good that the user is gone though. The most harrassment I've seen round here recently is... wait, scratch that, not seen any! :D

No idea about the Samsungs. I have a Lenovo P2 with an OLED screen which doesn't flicker. Maybe your brothers phone is faulty?

Hrm, I have several Samsung models, and haven't noticed anything. Thought there are other issues I have with my S7E, namely Nougat's proclivity for white.

Though don't get me started on Samsung refrigerators... that would make a whole thread in and of itself.

No idea about the Samsungs. I have a Lenovo P2 with an OLED screen which doesn't flicker. Maybe your brothers phone is faulty?

Hrm, I have several Samsung models, and haven't noticed anything. Thought there are other issues I have with my S7E, namely Nougat's proclivity for white.

I see it on literally every AMOLED samsung phone. Nothing is wrong with his. He doesn't notice it, nor does anyone else I've asked. For what it's worth, my ability to detect flicker is markedly abnormal. I used to get migraines almost every day at school because of the fluorescent lighting. I can also see flicker in lots of other things, such as LED Christmas lights, film-based movie projectors, taillights of certain cars (especially Cadillacs,) most LED (and some CCFL) computer monitors, CRT televisions, and many, many other electronic devices. I've always assumed that this is an autism-related sensory abnormality.

The thing I find strange with Samsung phones is that their flicker rate appears to be 60Hz. Many people used to complain about 60Hz CRT monitors causing eyestrain, yet nobody seems to notice it on AMOLED screens. This is despite the fact that the lack of afterglow makes it noticeably worse than a CRT. I don't understand how this is.

Though don't get me started on Samsung refrigerators... that would make a whole thread in and of itself.

I would certainly participate in such a thread. My father has one, and it constantly emits the most godawful high frequency noise. It doesn't even approach my hatred of the dishwasher, but it's quite annoying nonetheless. I'm actually listening to it right now as I type this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom